1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-150 questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lliebert, Dec 21, 2008.

1. lliebert

lliebert Junior Member

I'm planning on buying a new 09 F-150 with one of the luxury packages (vehicle mostly used for carrying customers so it needs to be a bit fancy). With the FX4 package, I'm looking for suggestions to set up the truck for plowing. I'm looking for input about which package to get or avoid, as well as how I should set up the truck for plowing. This is all new to me, so any input is welcome!

Thanks!

2. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

What kind of plowing do you intent on doing? Luxury and snow plowing are kind of two opposites. You will need the heavier duty suspension which will give a rougher ride. F150 is not the truck you'd want to put a plow on for doing any serious plowing. You can go with a light weight 71/2' blade if all you're doing is a few drives and small lots. GL

I would personally get an f250 or f350 when buying my next truck.

3. lliebert

lliebert Junior Member

I definitely have two different uses for the truck. My research is agreeing and I'm looking at the F-250. Most uses will be local driving and perhaps carrying some motorcycles. And the plowing will be for only a few locations, but big ones.

Does the second alternator make much difference? I'm finding a bunch of truck at the dealerships, but all have just one alternator. Are there any "must have" options? I'm planning on the diesel with the 5-speed, the plow package, and the towing package. What else should I be looking for?