1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-150 Questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by johnjeffrey, Apr 11, 2004.

1. johnjeffrey

johnjeffrey Junior Member

Just purchased my first F-150, a Dark green 2001 supercab XLT 5.4 4x4 styleside with an 8ft. box and Captain's chairs in fabric. It's got 4x4 off road graphics on the rear side of the bed. I'm looking for info on my truck. Can you folks help tell me what I have? I know it's got the tow package, (a hitch receiver anyway) tow hooks and skid plates. I don't know what other packages or goodies. I'm interested in knowing what the color is called,what trans and rear axle etc. Can you help with the details?
    The VIN is: 2FTRX18L41CA11603
    The GVWR 1s 6500
    Wheelbase is 157
    Made in Canada in 09/00
    LT265 70R17C 17x17.5J
    EXT PNT is PX
    BRK is C
    RC is 13
    R is 8
    INT TR is
    Alxel is H9
    TR is U
    SPR is 6N
    The cert also shows F0071 over TO44
    and 1F514 over FOA
    Any and all info is appredciated

2. sgrprincees

sgrprincees Junior Member

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

that link looks good!
    do you plan on putting a plow on it, if so any thoughts?

4. johnjeffrey

johnjeffrey Junior Member

Possibly a Western Suburbinate But nothing definate yet. What would you suggest for light personal use?

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Suburbanite or Homesteader may be OK but I'd go for a Fisher LD in case you want to do a little more the others may not handle. :cool:

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I would not go with a suburbanite or homesteader for that size truck, they are way too small. Fisher LD would be perfect and not too much weight on the front end.

7. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I've got a 2001 F-150 S/C with the 7700 lb. group. I run a meyers poly plow on the front. Added an extra leaf to each side on rear, and carry dang near 2 tons of salt when I leave for the night. My suspension is a little heavier than a reg. 150 though I think. I threw some timbrens on front for good measure, but don't think they even touch, only when I go over bumps.

Meyer makes a ld plow too if you are a meyers man. This is my first so check back with me in a year or so.

Had a conventional mount Western on my last truck, really liked it too.

8. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

Will a 95 hold a fisher reg duty with air bags, with out excessive maintenance costs?

9. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

My 93 does fine with 2WD F250 springs. Be sure to get the cargo coil with the "S" at the end of the part number.

f150 plow up side.jpg

10. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Plow down looks like this:

f150 plow down side.jpg

11. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Drops 1/4" with plow raised, rides great empty too!

f150 plow up front.jpg

12. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

This is front with plow down. I don't have air bags.

f150 plow down front.jpg