1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f-150 mount and old plow problems

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jcbrown1985, Oct 18, 2008.

1. jcbrown1985

jcbrown1985 Junior Member

i have a 2003 f-150 and i have a 1997 check 3/4 ton. i need to take a meyer plow from the chevy to the f-150. i was told by a plow installaton company it would be 1350$. this was to include, un-wiring chevy, buying mounting bracket for f-150, wiring and mouting the plow on the f-150 and then replacing the fog lights on the plow itself, (they are screwed)...i am being jerked. I am looking to plow driveways of family and friends so nothing major...question number 2....does anyone live in indiana that knows how to do this and is willing to do it for cheaper???
  2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

if you ever have a problem its probaly best to have a dealer to deal with. Also installs run i would guess about 500 or so then the new mount probably 500 then taking it off the other truck.. i dont think its all that out of the ball park
  3. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I am putting my old western on my silverado, and the price of the electrical (ruck side) and the new mount would have been at least 1,000, and that does not include them installing it, only parts. I would say that is a pretty good deal.