1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f 150 help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by powderski14, Nov 4, 2008.

1. powderski14

powderski14 Junior Member
    from ny

Hey everybody I'm the new guy....How many of you plow with your 150's and what do you use....My dealer say i need a homesteader, fishers website says the sd series will work too....I will be pickin up a new 2008 F150 stx extedned cap with the normal bed sze....I'm 22 and have been plowin for my dad since i was 16 when he was at work...Any input on what plow to get would be very appreciated so i can tell the dealer where to schedule an install appt....thanks in advance
  2. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Boss 7.6 poly is what I run on mine.

Just take it eazy, a F-150 can plow just fine but it is not as tough as a 350 and abusing it to much will just cost you a ton of money down the road.
  3. powderski14

powderski14 Junior Member
    from ny

Did you do anything to the suspension?

I plan on doing about 20 driveways a storm as well as maybe helping my dad do a few businesses...i won't beat it like i would with his 250 sd ....take my time and go slower..
  4. VBR

VBR Member

Western Standard (or midweight) 7'6"
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. Shawdogg

Shawdogg Junior Member

I got a '08 Ford F-150 and just bought a MD 7.5 SnowDogg by Buyers. They haven't been around as long as Fisher, though heard positive things about the plow. Check 'em out..... a lot of plow for your money!!!!!!! (Stainless Steel blade- tax out the door $3K )
  7. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

All I did was a procomp 2" spacer up front. I actually did that before the plow to fit bigger tires but whats nice is when the plow goes back on the truck sags back to about stock height so its not nosediving real bad.
  8. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have an 06 F 150 supercab that i run a Fisher 7'6" mm2 rd on. I added a 2" leveling kit to the front struts and run about 400lbs of ballast up against the gate. The truck handles the plow quite well and after 2 years of commercial plowing i have yet to have any problems (i drive the truck myself and leave the heavy stuff for the loaders) Good luck, Roy
  9. F150dash

F150dash Member

Will your guys dealers still cover parts like tie rods etc that would be under warranty even though you are plowing with them. I was told that without the plow prep I was not allow a plow on mine or it would void the warranty? Do any of you guys have this issue? Thanks
  10. VBR

VBR Member

It will void warranty, however the warranty is only to 36,000 miles. I have never had a problem, nothing has ever broke. (knock on wood)
  11. shaneandmissy11

shaneandmissy11 Junior Member
    from iowa

I run a Western 7'6" pro poly on my 2000 F150. No problems so far, but I also take it pretty easy on the truck, and its got the plow prep.
  12. thlon

thlon Junior Member

F150 4x4 snowplow suspension

Can anyone tell me what I can get to level the front suspension , at present time if i drive fast over a rough road my plow attacment hits , I have a f150 ford 4x4 2008 with a 8.5 foot fisher plow . THE SUSPENSION IS COIL SPRING WITH THE SHOCK IN THE MIDDLE .
    you can also drop me a line at
  13. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I got mine on an ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/AUTO-SPRING-KITS . They showed up quickly and I had the same set on my 06 for 2 years and then moved them over to my 08. It makes the truck look better and it will be a great help with the plow. The 8.5' blade is a bit heavy for that truck, however. JMO.
  14. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

15. svt2205

svt2205 Member

I can understand running a leveling kit to give you clearance for larger wheels/tires. But you're better off swaping your front springs to a set of Z code springs. They are part of the heavy duty payload package available on 04 - 08 F150's.

Your local Ford parts guy can hook you up with a set. If you have trouble, let me know and I'll dig up a VIN for a truck with the HD payload package. That will allow them to find the right springs.
  16. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

You need the leveling spacers just to get the ford lean out. I have a 06 150 with the 2.5 leveling kit and the only reason i had to do that is because my sno way mount was so close to the ground. Get the the fisher sd. and see how the plow hangs stock. the irons for a fisher set alot higher than a boss or sno way even a western mount is closer to the frame. measure with the plow t on in the lifted postion and off. if you get about an inch drop you should be okay. put a set of timbrens on to take some of the abuse off the front end, remeber you plowing with a half ton. just chek to see what your fgawr is make sure it is no less than 3750. thats what i have on my truck and it handles my plow great.
  17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What dealer was dumb (greedy) enough to install a 8.5 oon a F150.:eek: Did you get that done in central New York?:rolleyes:
  18. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

could you pm me a vin 8 last digits all i'd need...
    My front end is 3600, was thinking going 3900 but if i can get the better ones even better, tks.
    My ride runs nice at the moment with 750lbs hanging on nose with Timbren, just a 2 1/2 drop noticable on lift