1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F 150 EPAS Guinea Pig!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Silverado10923, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

OK I am doing it. I am going to be the guy that tests if Sno Way is truthful or not. I am buying a 2013 F150 Super Crew 5'6" bed with the 5.0 and EPAS. I am going to install the Sno Way 7'6" 26 series plow, the only company that is being balsy enough to offer something and say it.

My 2500 got wrecked, I do smaller stuff now and love this little truck for running around. It will be a great little driveway rig.

Alright, fire away!:mechanic:
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Umm yay for you!?!!
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Post some pic's when you get it.
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with the warranty claim when something fails on that truck... I know a guy around here who did and Ford told him to pound sand on the warranty of a brand new truck
  5. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

6. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Electronic power assisted steering or some jazz like that... snoway is the only one to offer a plow for the f150 with this junk. Other fear lawsuits
  7. 2low

2low Member

Enjoy your cracked windshield
  8. plowguy43

Its been out since 2011 I wouldn't say your a guinea pig.
  9. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Agreed plow guy but no info/feedback on here. Two guys here running westerns but no real snow yet.
  10. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Funny how many on this sight have and share great insight on equipment/business and repairs. Others enjoy bashing and critique.
  11. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

I would like to see a long term test of this, please document it well if you have the capability.

After seeing the frames on these trucks, I am leery of long term durability when plowing.

To each their own, keep us updated.
  12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've installed a couple 26 series on Ford 2011+ F150s (one this will be the third season) and know of at least two others using them including one on an ecoboost. No reported issues with plow, dealer, warranty or truck.
  13. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

My rant about the fear of electric power steering:
  14. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Basher, thank you! Not only what I wanted to hear, but confirmation from first hand info. I will take pics and document. I have thought about dual batteries on isolator and/or high output alternator if necessary.
  15. bbct001

bbct001 Member

This make you feel better?

On October, 25 2012, Ford Motor Company released an official service bulletin confirming the Ford F-150 6.2L V8 model as the only approved application for snowplow installation (see attached).
    As stated by Ford, 2013 model year and later F-150 SuperCab and SuperCrew pickups with 6.2L engine and XLT, FX, Lariat and Platinum trim levels are snowplow capable when the Outside Air Temperature (OAT) sensor kit is installed.
  16. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Why present it like a dick? I have seen the bulletin, that is why I started this thread. There are warranty issues, liability issues etc with most modifications. I understand that. There are differences between things you should not do for these reasons and things that will not work.

I should not have eliminated the cats on my mustang, I should not have installed a plow on my 1500 chevy, I should not fire .45acp rounds in my s&w, I should not bypass my tpms, I should not install a lift on my wrangler, I should not run an oil air cleaner infront of a throttle body, I should not eliminate the seatbelt buzzer on my mustang...

Apparently people have made use of this setup and it is working.
  17. bbct001

bbct001 Member

I actually thought your truck was approved, didn't know you read the bulletin, and thought it might give you some piece of mind. After your response, reread the OP and noticed the 5.0. Wasn't trying to screw with you.

A little different setup, but I run a 7.6 SD on an '08 F150 crew, no issue's.
  18. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

I get it, I apologize. Sometimes I get a little edgy. The 6.2 is only available on a high end truck with heavier GVW, might as well go to a 2500 series. I am trying to get away from that with this one for a bit, light nimble, passenger plates...
  19. plowguy43

Both the 5.0 and ecoboost are excellent engines for that truck. I wonder what is different about the snow way that it can be used with the electrical system in the F 150.
  20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My understanding is it has something to do with a lack of sacrificial loads