1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-150 Crew Cab?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vermonster, Sep 8, 2006.

1. vermonster

vermonster Junior Member
    from vermont

Can I put a plow on an f-150 crew cab, or do I need to step up to a 3/4 ton?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You could put on a light weight Sno-Way or something just to do your driveway, but for commercial use, I'd say step up to a 3/4 if you have not gotten the F150 yet.
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

What Bansky said. The crew carb put a lot of weight on your front axle to begin with. Assing a plow would make it even worse. A driveway or two would be fine, but anything more would be pushing it IMO.
  4. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

They are still opening the doors at the FORD factory to see if the frames are still bending while they are parked.:confused: Snow plow I hope not on a 2006 or 1997.
  5. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

Saw an 04 Supercrew with fisher homesteader at work. Truck seemed fine drove down the road straight so it must not be used much.

Never heard of any frames bending. ever. on any truck.