1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-150 and Boss V

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Slicer Al, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Slicer Al

Slicer Al Junior Member
    from WI

New to this site and curious for your opionion. I have a '98 F-150 with the 4.6L. Put a Boss 7' 6" straight blade on it four years ago and I have a couple driveways I plow on a rountine basis. Next year I am planning on expanding to some more driveways. I would like to get a V-plow to save myself some time. This truck is paid for, big plus. My question is, has anybody put a Boss 7' 6" on an F-150? Have you added timbrens? Or am I wasting my time and should sell this truck and buy a 3/4 ton with a bigger motor?
  2. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

3. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

W E L C O M E Slicer Al

Please don't listen to this garbage. The first thread he refers to involves plowing 3 foot snow drifts across driveways, 4 - 8 foot banks on each side. No brand straight plow is going to go thru that. I think a V plow is best for the deep stuff. The second thread involves a V plow with missing parts not doing a good job - what would you expect from a plow with a hole in it?

The 150 is probably not enough to handle more than a few driveways. It can do it with the timbrens but it is going to suffer from the extra use. Get a 3/4 ton if you can. But get a Dodge! Check this out:

He thought the Ford was an upgrade?[​IMG]

So he tells you one thing and someone else another?
    And the entertainment continues, Ford owners should be sitting down for these. Dodge owners unite!:[​IMG]Anyone wanna race?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  4. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

This is a Ford discussion forum not dodggiees - I was venting on those posts and all was covered under warrenty. .. so go play with you cummins
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A 3/4 ton with a V plow is a good choice.

Don't you have to go ogle your plow or something.
    Your in no position to be tossing those stones , you do the same thing all the time..:waving:
  6. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Put Timbren on WHATEVER truck you use. I have a 1/2 ton and a Boss 7-6 super duty and it is fine, you can use a V, just make sure you use Timbrens, it is safer to drive without the bobing of the plow and when your plowing you get much quicker recovery.

Good luck
  7. MaineF250

MaineF250 Senior Member
    from Maine

you can always tell a dodge guy, but you just cant tell em much. I had a 95 F250 powerstroke with close to 200k on it when I sold it I only had done a waterpump, cam sensor and batteries.... whereas my buddie's 99 dodge cummins can't make it one storm without an issue, so for every "perfect" dodge, theres another piece of crap to even it out.