1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZV wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Clint S, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

What does the red wire power at fuse box????

Long story short. Last week I lost power to stick and determined that there was no power to that fuse and red wire due to a separate wiring issue with the truck. Switch fuses and all good. FFWD last night I HAVE power at that fuse and wire (lights work too) , but now again no power at stick OR pin 8. Check my connections and find the cable from hot battery to solenoid is loose and when I wiggle it I hear a click and now I have power to everything.
    Went to tighten up the battery bolt and it snaps with little pressure (there is my intermitent no start issue too)

So what powers the stick ? Is it that red wire under the dash or does it come from elsewhere. If it comes from elsewhere why would the stick not power up with no power to that wire???
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Red supplies power to stick
  3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Well that is what I thought, but it seems that red wire goes into the Iso module and comes out red and black. Had power to that red wire, but none at the pin to the stick. When tightening the lead to the battery it seemed to work. Come to find out I tightened up the battery bolt and it snapped with little pressure. So now I need to try to drill out the bolt or get a new battery, maybe that loose connection/ bad bod bolt had something to do with it.
  4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Well I got everything back together and it is as it seemed. If you pull the wire from the 10a fuse panel the stick will lose power AND if you pull the large red wire off the battery that goes to the solenoid the stick will ALSO lose power.
  5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

The red wire to fuse box is a switching source to "turn plow off and on". The plow's electronics gets it's power from the small red wire by the solenoid. Both are needed for the plow to work.
  6. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

That's what I figured, just makes me feel better getting confirming it.