1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ezv plow one side wont stay locked?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mrcrowley, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Mrcrowley

Mrcrowley Junior Member

I have a ezv 9.6 foot fisher plow ...I purchased the vehicle and plow used ...This is my second time using it 03/02/07 Friday . I am plowing and dragging heavy wet snow and I have noticed the right plow blade when dragging (no matter in v position or straight ) will not remain solid it releases . It only happens when I drag the plow not when pushing I can even get out and move the blade by hand in cirtain positions. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?.

:help:

2. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

sounds as if you may have a popit stuck open. You may want to pull the S-5 to see if you have any metal shavings or contamination.

3. Mrcrowley

Mrcrowley Junior Member

Ok new to this what is a popit and where do I find S-5 to check that?

4. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Take it to the dealer there is a recall on the pistons, they will put new ones in for you.

5. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Mrcrowley:
    You plows looks to be a few years old. There was a problem with some cylinders that were made in 2005 and 2006 but they would lock up and not move. That is not what you I think you have for a problem. Your crossover relief valves are in need of service, the O rings in these vales can be worn. I suggest you replace all four of these valves and adjust them as to Fisher's speck's. Use this link to Fishers mechanics guide for this power pack. http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/26512_050099_web.pdf
    You will need 2 of Fisher part 7629K to be able to replace all four relief vales that control the wing drift.