1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ezv plow from hell

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chris694205, Jan 26, 2010.

1. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

hello guys ive been havin a problem hooking up the wiring on my minute mount 1 ezv plow in order to make it work... it is a used harness (which is probably my first problem)i have everything hooked up the way the diagram shows.. when i push buttons on the controller i can here the selenoids on the plow engaging and disengaging but the controller will not make the pump run so therefore the plow will not work... anyone have any ideas

2. LON

LON Senior Member

12v to motor?
    Motor bad?
    Underhood solenoid bad?

3. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

selenoid is good but i cant seem to get the 12v to go to the motor for some stupid reason

4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

How do you know the solenoid is good? If you have 12v to the solenoid, and you don't have 12v at the motor, then the solenoid is bad. Try taking jumper cables and have someone hold the plow control to raise the plow-then take a set of jumper cables and directly connect the positive terminal of the battery to the positive post on the motor. If that works, change your solenoid. Just because the solenoid clicks doesn't mean it's working correctly.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It turned out to be his controller. He has about three threads for the same problem more or less.

6. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Thanks for the update, any luck with your XLS?

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

just updated my thread. It's almost done, the new lift ram and hyd. unit are on as well as the decals. Trucks at the dealer so as soon as I get it back I'll pick it up and test it out. The head service guy is out today at Messer, so I'll have to wait to get the details.