1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZV Out of Sync

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by john r, Feb 15, 2016.

1. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

In V mode the right side is faster than the left in forward and back. I bought it used and it's always been like this. Fluid and filter have been changed. The cylinders have been cleaned/purged well. All connections have been inspected, cleaned, die grease applied. I don't what else to do. This is a older model.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I think that's normal; I assume you're talking about a differrnce of a few seconds. My MVP is the same - one wing is always a bit faster than the other.

3. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

My Western MVP is spot on. I should also mention that in the last 6 inches of movement back the blade is like in a dead spot or moves back twice as fast.

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Maybe grease any pivot points? I spray wd40 on my center pivot pin and any other moving points each year. Probably won't help, but that's all I got.......

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

There is nothing that "sync's" per say. There is no electronics, there is no monitoring, there is nothing. Basically both valves open at the same time the pump pressurizes two lines. Once one is filled, the excess fuild fills the second one until both a the same.

6. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

OK so there is one valve for both cylinders. That makes sense then after one fills. I just wasn't sure if some thing was wrong and going to fail.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Technically two that open at same time, but you get the idea.

8. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Take the valves out and clean them. I had a slow wing and when I cleaned the valve it went back to normal.

9. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

^^ good suggestion. Only other thing to make sure is that there is no air stuck in there. Best way is to find a hill, somewhere you can keep the plow slightly off the ground but still have the rams at an incline at rear/truck side and then cycle each wing separately. When you push on the wings by hand from front of truck, they shouldn't move at all, if they do, there is still an air pocket.