1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ezv hose question...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 07PSDCREW, Oct 12, 2013.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I went to the fisher dealer today and picked up a bunch of parts...300$ worth. I bought 4 hoses for the angle rams and when I got home, I realized they won't fit. Is there an adapter to make them work? Or do I return them for a different type? I don't know what was on there from factory as I am the 2nd or third owner of the plow. It's a MM2 ezv.
    Picture attached. Old and new hose..

[​IMG]

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

You can get a nipple to screw into that new hose to make it a male connection or you can return those hoses and take the old ones to a hose shop and have a set made. It's probably cheaper to have them made versus paying dealer prices.

3. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Well, I already bought these from the dealer, maybe I can just swap them even stevens...

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I take them back since they are not right ones or buy a nipple

If you have a farm store most time buy from there half the price and they are heavier made

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Being a MM2 the hoses your dealer sent you home with should have been correct (JIC ends) apparently someone has changed something on the pump/cylinders OR it's actually an MM1 which would explain the NPTF ends,either way take them back,ask for parts #4424,they should be at least half the price of the hoses they sold you so you should get some coin back

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Well, I did get the correct hoses but, I did not get any money back?? I did notice they felt a bit cheaper though...they were a rubber hose vs. the other hoses had a textured wrap on them. I think someone changed the fittings on the rams because there are adapters on the fittings on the pump. If I took them off, the jic would've threaded right on. Ohh well. The plows done except for an edge...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry man,hoses should have been about $10 cheaper a piece,as long as they are rubber and not cheap thermoplastic you'll be fine.Feel free to PM about edges,could probably hook you up.

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Sent you a pm. Let me know if you didn't get it...