1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ezv help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by the05goat, Dec 30, 2012.

1. the05goat

the05goat Member

So I plowed this morning and got home noticed blue hydraulic fluid under the resevoir. I noticed I could see air bubbles coming out of the full plug with some fluid. I recently changed all 5 hoses and those have no leaks. Is it possible that its just a fill plug or is it possible it has too much pressure?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What are you using for a breather? The newer gray units are excellent

3. the05goat

the05goat Member

Not sure what you mean by breather are you talking about the grey screw on cap on the opposite side?

4. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Sounds overfull

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

yeah sounds like too much fluid

6. the05goat

the05goat Member

I don't think so after plowing its back down again, I'm only filling it as high as the fill plug, I didn't think you could overfill it from there, and when I'm checking it it is in full v mode so both angle cylinders are all the way in and also making sure lift cylinder is all the way down. Any ideas?

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Are you filling it with the plow raised, or on the ground?

8. the05goat

the05goat Member

On the ground with the lift cylinder pushed all the way down

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

have you drained the system lately...any chance that it could be air bound, hence the over filled symptom?

10. the05goat

the05goat Member

Yep did a complete drain a few months ago when I changed all the hoses I did bleed it multiple times to get all the air out. The fill plug should not leak under any circumstances right? Should I try throwing some Teflon tape on the threads ?

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

There's your problem. There's probably air still in the system. They're leaking at the fittings because of the pressure.

Do you know what the breather is...where it is?

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

You may want to start over, much of it you can skip (dismantling the rams, and flushing the hose). I found the EzV to be a PITA to purge due to the 2nd hoses on the rams, and it's best to follow the directions step by step. Maybe someone that has worked on them more then I, can better direct you to the shortcuts...but I know the bellow directions work if followed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. the05goat

the05goat Member

There is no leaks from any of the hose fittings , the only leak is from the fill plug. I followed the bleed procedure when I did the hoses and had to do it 3 times to get all the air out

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sorry, I was crossing you with someone I was just talking to on the phone...

The breather might be junk...short of that I would have to go with air or over filling.

15. the05goat

the05goat Member

So the fill plug is pressure rated then?

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The breather is pressure rated. When its working properly it allows a few psi (but no vacuum) to build in the reservoir. This way when you draw the reservoir down - as in lifting the plow in scoop, it allows the pressure in the reservoir to drop near zero rather than draw in air (and moisture).
    And i would agree with Ryan its the culprit at this point. Easy enough to rule it out, remove it. Cycle the plow a few times and see if the symptons go away.

I am not intimately familiar with the EZV. Does it use the fill port as the breather?

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Fill plug is the same as the other insta-Acts; on the side of the reservoir can.