1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ezv acting very strange

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by j-train, Dec 25, 2010.

1. j-train

j-train Junior Member
    from maine

my ezv just started acting weird. when i try to plow nothing happens but i can hear pump trying to work. then i push up on joystick and right v comes all the way back. i can wiggle wires and will work till i make one pass then it wont lift. loose connection somewhere? i took bottom of pump off and cleaned, changed fluid. what next? should i mess with joystick? somebody please help, 8'-12' tomorow night, and plow not working. thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Where are you located J?

When you say you hear the motor trying to work...do you mean when your NOT selecting a function, and just driving down the road?

3. j-train

j-train Junior Member
    from maine

i can hear motor running when i use the joystick. motor makes same noise it does when its working except nothing happens. any help woukd be great.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Check your grill connection for the control harness. I suspect they're dirty and need cleaning as well as some new dielectric grease.

Inspect the wires just behind the connection both plow side and truck side for broken or corroded wires.

When you say it works for one pass after wiggling the wires......Which wires & where? Does ALL the functions work after...or just raising?

Also, follow the control harness down to the pump, remove the cover where it goes into, inspect all the tabs and make sure the connections are tight, clean, and free of corrosion.