1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ Vee plow trouble HELP

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowboat, Nov 21, 2007.

1. snowboat

snowboat Junior Member
    from Ct

I have an EZ vee and hate it because of a lack of power lifting or angeling. I brought it back to the dealer several times. They couldn't find any problems. They disassembled the pump to inspect and said they cleaned and adjusted it. I now have a second problem, If I raise the plow all they way up and then into the scoop it gets aerated just as if it was low on fluid. I checked the fluid level it was ok. I brought it back to the dealer yet again thinking the sump had fallen off or sucking air. They said it was low on fluid and topped it off. I get the truck back to find they just over filled the pump to cover up the problem. I removed the canister and found the sump seems to be 1 1/2 - 2 inches above the bottom of the tank. Do they make more then 1 sump assy. ?
    If any one has an idea please help. THANKS

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

First,start off with the correct amount of fluid,with the blade in vee and lift cylinder all the way down,fill to the bottom of the fill hole,raise and lower several times making sure the lift cylinder fully collapses(to get all the air out,next run the driver side wing in and out several times(all the way),then the passenger wing.
    The EZ-V's were the worst plows to bleed,be patient,air bubbles will form and the need to escape/disolve,if all else fails,crack a few lines at the pump,it's gonna be messy but i've found a few trapped air pockets this way that just wouldn't bleed out.

3. snowboat

snowboat Junior Member
    from Ct

Thanks for the reply. I did bleed the system just as you suggested, but it still gets aerated the last 6 inches of travel.
    Are you plowing with an ez vee if so how do you like it?

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sucking air from a fitting?Crack a few fittings like i said before.I sell Fisher and yes,I own an EZ-V but will probably go with an Extreme V this year,much faster plow.