1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez vee plow stuck in scoop

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by daverobbins, Nov 27, 2010.

1. daverobbins

daverobbins Junior Member
    from MAINE

I purchased a 2005 ex vee plow. It came off a Ford F 350 and I put it on my 08' GMC. I changed the isolation module from a four port to a three port. I changed the headlight harness. All functions work EXCEPT it's stuck in scoop position. The motor runs but will not return to vee. Dealership said it was the plugs from the cylanoids or the plug on the truck side. Changed both plugs and no change. :cry: Also if you wiggle the plugs while pushing the vee button it will return to vee position. :dizzy: If anyone could please let me know their ideas im out of them!! :realmad:

2. samjr

samjr Senior Member

3. daverobbins

from MAINE

ok i will try that, thanks! After looking at that thread im going to check the s2 and s3 coils and hope that works.

4. daverobbins

from MAINE

I took a brake from my plow out of frustration!!!!!!!!!!! Ok the plow is still stuck in scoop postion. I called fisher and also my local GM dealer, they both said it was the S5 valve. I checked it and found it was streched. With a couple of taps on the bench it finally released. I didnt take any chances and put a new one on. Needless to say it didnt work. I then checked the other valves. Those were fine. I then broke out the test light. Everything seems to be getting power. I then checked the solonoids with a screw driver and all is good!? Then I was told it might be in the fishstick. I took it apart and checked both fuses those are fine. I know this isnt rocket science but its definetly got the best of me!!! At least I can still plow being in scoop postion.LOL. Any other suggestions im open to any at this point. Thanks guys.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Power the pump motor directly with a set of jumper cables. What does it do?

6. daverobbins

from MAINE

I hooked up cables and the pump came on. I also tried a different fishstick just for the heck of it. Still no change. Thanks

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did the right wing retract, or attempt to? That's what matters. If it didn't then there's a valve stuck open or the secondary manifold is frozen up.

8. daverobbins

from MAINE

No nothing happened. Which valve do you think might be stuck open? Or how might I be able to check to see if the secondary manifold might be froze? Thanks for your time B&B.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could be the S2 partially stuck. Can't be fully stuck as it wouldn't lift but partially stuck would cause issues. Ice in the passages after the S2 could cause it too and the only way to identify that would be to get it somewhere warm if you can.

As a test, run a fused 12V jumper wire to the S3 coil and then jump the motor as you did before. What does it do then?

10. daverobbins

from MAINE

I took the S2 out and checked it. It looked good, not stuck at all. I also have it in my heated garage so ice isnt an issue. I didnt get a chance to run the jumper wire. Thanks.

11. daverobbins

from MAINE

Well I figured it out! But I feel pretty dumb. I started following wires back to the control and found that I had two wires backwards in the plug. I took the wires out of the plug to run through the firewall when I installed it. I thought I marked them well enough!!! Guess not. Thanks again for the help B&B.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That'll certainly do it.