1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez vee doing wrong thing NEED HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by justin13, Jan 22, 2011.

1. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

i just bought and installed an ez vee on my truck plow works fine some times, and some times if i hit up it vees, or hit angle left and it goes right and so on.if i wiggle the control side connection on the front of the truck it will sometimes fix the problem. i replaced the control harness on the plow side( 130 ) problem still remains any suggestions before i spend any more money to not fix my problem.. any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Is this the only symptoms.....request left...get right and request raise....get v?

3. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

No, sometimes request raise, goes roughly half way stops and quietly whines. Sometimes request anything and it vee's or goes left seems like it does just about any variation

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sounds like a controller issue....Normally though it's consistent, no sporadic.

Check just behind the truck side connector for breaks, kinks...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The S2 valve isn't shifting. I'm certain Ryan can walk you through how to check it out. Thumbs Up

6. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

thank you sir i appreciate the advice. i have a buddy with a spare controller. i will try both suggestions i briefly checked the truck side wire harness wires looked ok but the nylon wrap didnt make it all the way to the actual harness ill try the new controller tom. if still persistes should i assume its the truck side harness?

7. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

yeah if its the s2 valve i would definatly need some help

8. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

just want to say this a great site and you guys are a tremendous help

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Welcome to PS!

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

To ansewer your question...yes, and no. I wouldn't jump at buying a new harness just yet.

Check the light green wire just behind the connector truck side. If it looks good pull the cover off the side of the pump where the diagram indicates the S2 location, check the connection there as well, if it is snug and not corroded...it shouldn't be if you just replaced the whole harness, then pull the jam nut of the top, then remove the coil, then the actual valve (yet another socket) and inspect it and the bore.

[​IMG]

11. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

ill check it out in the a.m. thanks again

12. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

i had my cousin give me a hand being that he is a bit more experinced, just doing a new selinoid on his mm2 hd. when we took it apart he seemed to thing the operation was fine, although he did say i wonder if it could be the spool? just from the way it was acting. any input? and then we smoked the truck selinoid and killed my batteries (less then a year old). but that made me think it may have just been the truck selinoid not allowing the plow enough power to pull itself all the way up in turn dumping into default vee position......i have to put a new selinoid in today anyways just curious on your guys thoughts on this logic. sorry it took so long for me to get back to this thread i felt like the devil took a sh#t in my stomach and was violently throwing up for 30 some odd hours.....good times......anyways thanks again

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Alright then, on that note.....lol

No, it's not your solenoid. Not even related, sorry.

As far as it spooling correctly, that is the issue...however, the million dollar question is WHY. It could be a near broken wire, where as it get's loss connection when moved or bounced in a certain manner, or it could be due to a failing coil / valve, loose connection at the coil......or just debris within the valve.

Did you guys pull the valve?

Either way, you need to so you can perform the test below.

Did you check for that light green colored wire just behind the trucks side connector?

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

14. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

we did not pull the actual valve. i did check the light green wire seemed fine and the truck side control harness also "seemed" fine

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

You definitely need to pull the valve, check the bore when you do then move on to that test. It is simple to remove, (see previous chart for the S2 location) simply remove the 2 wires, then the jam nut, slide the coil off the valve, then remove the actual valve using another socket or wrench.

16. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

i dont know if this is any indication to what the problem is or just reassures u that this is the case but we checked the fluid and it was nasty and milky like it was watery,, drained the hoses and changed the fluid which im not sure if we refilled correctly.. filled the resivoir and moved the wings in and out return to straight, piston up and down, return to all the way down and checked the fluid?

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

That could be the reason it happened, but not what is ailing it now unfortunately. If it was in fact that nasty, you may find that your valve is just gunked up....won't know until you pull it.

I'll post up your manual and a flush procedure in a little bit.

18. RepoMan207

from Maine