1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez vee blowing control fuses

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by killed300ex, Dec 11, 2009.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Just wired my new to me fisher ez ve 2 wire with fishstick. Went to try it out and as soon as you put a 10 amp fuse in for the controler it blows. Not even trying to turn the fishstick on. Wondering if any of you guys might have an idea were to start looking to trace down the problem.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

With the grill plugs connected, or not? Unlike most plows, on the old 2 plug EZV's the same red control power wire runs not only to the controller but also all the way out to the plow through the grill plug and is connected to all six of the valve coils (not one of DD's best ideas :rolleyes:). So it's likely shorted somewhere between the coils and the controller.

Disconnect the grill plugs and see if it still blows the fuse. If it does, then you know its on the truck side. If it doesn't, then you know the issue is on the plow side.

The wire is red all the way out.

3. killed300ex

got the electrical issue taken care of ended up being a short on the power plug with the small wire. Ran a temporary wire along the harness to make it useable. Now I can get the v and scoop to work right the drivers side of the blade doesnt seem to want to move unless its in the straight position :cry:

4. killed300ex

I give up :dizzy: had the plow working fine for an hour or so parked it and went out awhile later its doing the same thing it was last time. Drivers side wing will only go in the retracted possition unless you put it in the straight mode to move it around. Then the passenger side wing seems to hang open (Push the button for the scoop it will fully extend then start retracting (only the passenger side will move at all)) wondering if it could be that the silinoid under the hood is sticking as it seems the pump stays on longer than is should and the pressure it builds just keeps moving that wing? I dunno giving up for the day at least the plow is usable now.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you have a defective controller.

6. killed300ex

is there any way I can check it? Or is it something a dealer has to do?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can check it yourself but start with the internal controller fuses.

If you don't have the manual you can get it here. Will be most helpful for testing procedure now and to come so keep it handy.