1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-Vector or Aggressor?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Husker1982, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

I run all meyer equipment and love it. I was wondering if anyone has an EZ-Vector or an Aggressor that they use and how they like it. I am in commercial plowing and want to look into both for next season. Please let me know if you have one or know someone who does and how they like it.
  2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I would never buy a Meyers V and don't know anyone who has. I have only ever seen one and they are junk. A lot of Meyers dealers around here don't even sell them. Try doing a search if you want to find out more about them, it's been discussed before.
  3. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Re: fordman

Sorry but don't need any comments from someone who has not used one. Maybe you missed read but I said
    Thanks anyway. I will try the search. I have seen the V plow from meyer and I don't believe that it is junk. I have not ran one but just seen it in a showroom. I would like USERS to reply please.
  4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The agressor looks like a very stout unit, however the EZ Vector has been around for several years, and I am actually surprised they still make it. Ok I dont own one, but I have seen 3 of them at a dealer. They all had less than 5 hrs plowing time on them, and they were all scrap iron. Meyer in fact was buying them back.
    When the v revolution came about after fisher and western entered the market place, meyer rushed a product out, and it was not a very good one. I dont think anyone here will respond about using one, because no one does. We all have either seen or learned the hard way. I actually was looking to buy one for a truck, and again the dealer wouldnt even sell it.
    It sounds like a great idea, keep all your existing plow frame and pump, just up grade the blade, dont do it with the EZ Vector.
    The agressor is a much better choice.
    Also, it wouldnt hurt to lose a bit of the attitude, while myer is not the plow of choice for most of us, I do run a Husky 8' and it is a good plow. I wouldnt buy a new meyer unit, but if a used one came along at the right price I would consider it. As long as it wasnt an ST-90 blade.
  5. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

There was no attitude just helping fordman out.
  6. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

you entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else is.

but you could drop the attitude.

and here's my opinion,

the meyer ez vector plow is junk, its a bad design, and its lightweight it only weighs 558#

the western 8.5 v-plow weighs in at 880#

the fisher 8.5 v-plow weighs in at 808#

see the difference

the agressor blade looks like a decent setup, from what i've seen.
  7. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Sorry to inform you but the meyer V is 804# just to let ya know
  8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

My Meyer brochure says the the EZ-V weighs in at 558#
    however the Meyer website has specs for the exact same plow as described in the printed brochure as weighing 804#.

Now whether one of these was a typo, don't you think that they should have proofread their publications, so that their products at least look good?

I don't know about you, but if I submitted a proposal to a business and had quoted them at $150 per push, instead of $350 I think id be in a world of hurt. Especially when i send the first bill for $350. Its not very professional. That, however is not the matter at hand.

Three people have told you that the Meyer EZ-V is junk, two of them said that the Meyer Dealer told them that. If thats not good enough for you, then I'm not quite sure what is. My dealer will not order that plow, in fact he'll send you across the river to his competition, just because he doesn't want his dealer sticker on it. That says something about the Meyer plows in general I think. Of course thats just my opinion.
  9. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Why respond if you have not used one?
  10. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

Actually, Husker if you would note your own request:

I think that the replies that you have seen are from people who ar least "know someone" and as also noted if you do a search you would find a lot of discussion on the Meyer products, both good and bad.

By the way... welcome to the site.

11. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

12. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well my friend is a meyers dealer and he let me try one out.he had a f250 dealer truck with the V on it and he let me take it out for one storm.well i was glad i had 4 trucks of my own running because this plow lasted 6 hours.the right wing ripped right off the frame and snapped the ram in half.now the bottom of the mold board was still hooked on so i lifted the blade and pulled the mold board back and forth till it snapped completely off so i could drive the thing back.i talked to him about a month ago and he is no longer stocking them cause of this just the meyers and curtis straight blades and he was thinking about selling the curtis V but i haven't seen them yet.i have all westerns now.i use to have fishers and meyers plows and the meyers were junk.the fishers were great,but i have always been a western guy.so i stuck with what works best for me. just my $13.50
  13. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Husker Everyone is giving you good advice sounds like you have your mind set , if you do buy one and use it for commerical use i hope you can be honest enough to report back to us on how it preforms Hey maybe just maybe someone from meyers has gotton on this site and is sending our inputs about there sorry products back to there r@d department Our buss depends on quality durable equiment no room for anything less we has contractors are trying to earn a living and cannot afford to stock a warehouse of parts to support meyer and all there parts vendors . If i consider new equipment this site is were iam gonna get the best advice tryed and true , in closing dont burn

the bridge that might lead to your best advice anywere.

Quote meyer is taking the same road to failure has harley AMF did i have owned both and the one thing they share in common is they both struck out think about it
  14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I believe Meyer is the largest snow removal manufacturer. I highly doubt they are taking a road to failure. While the popularity of V continues to grow, I think more straight blades are sold overall. Don't forget Meyer makes blades and systems from 6.5ft to 10ft. These cover a wide range of trucks. Most of there blades, though lighter weight, are still great for residential and commercial applications.

Like Plowking35 said, I too would not buy a new Meyer but I would buy a used one. These plows sell in great quanities to truck dealers, fleets and have a market share all across the country. Meyer also owns Diamond which is very popular with contractors and municipalites in New England. I personally like the simplicity of the Meyer Powerpacks and have never had any real problems with the one I have (e47)

The Meyer V, sounds like it was rushed into production. If someone asked me to test one for free maybe I would. I would not buy one at this point though. Personally I would not buy a full trip V, can't see how it can work as well as a trip edge.

Husker, remember this site is for opinions and information. That is what you asked for. As Plowking35 found there is only one owner that admits to having one. Any other info you are going to hear is not firsthand use. That should tell you what you need to know. You will be one of the few using them. Therefore you are taking a chance. Your decision.
  15. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Thanks guys for the responses. I am not going to buy one I was just asking about them. To tell you the truth I am a straight blade guy my self. Don't worry I know the advantages of a V and I have used one, but I was only wondering about Meyers V. I Have 3 trucks and 3 Meyer blades and I love them. I do heavy plowing (when the snow is here) and think they hold up great. It is all personal opinion and the arguement will go on. I have stories about meyers flaws my self but as well as ALL the others. I admit meyers does have more discredits about it then what I have heard of anyone else. I also saw that meyer out sells any company 2 to 1. So maybe more plows means that you will see more cases of break downs. Don't know maybe one day I will wake up and realize meyer sucks or maybe not.

One more thing anyone who says Diamonds are good and Meyers suck I worry about you.:confused:
  16. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Husker, something you might notice about PlowSite is that there is someone on here that owns one of just about ANY brand and model of plow you can think of, and some you never even heard of before. You will notice out of all the owners on here, only one to date has owned a Meyer V plow. To me, that says a lot. The Meyer V and the Hiniker C plow are 2 that come to mind with only one owner posting real experience. Think about it, over 5,000 Members here, and only 2 owners.

My $0.02

17. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I believe the only thing in common with Diamond and Meyers are the lift pumps, other than that they are totally different in design. I have owned both, and my experience was the Diamond was far more reliable than the Meyers.

I've had a few of my own concerns about this thread, though not plow related. Perhaps a slice of humble pie would serve well as a gesture of hospitality.
  18. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Wrong, I run both too, well I shouldn't say that I did but now just all meyer.
  19. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda went right over his head, didn't it?
  20. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Two more to go and the gang's all here.