1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez-v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by samjr, Jun 25, 2008.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i just put my blade on just to move it around and its not working right it well V scoop up and down but when i try left and right only that wing well work they well work when i hit the wing buttons but if i try to put her left the left wing well come back and the right wing well not move
    :mad::(:help:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If I'm deciphering your grammar correctly, sounds like the S5 valve isn't being shifted for one reason on another. Start with checking the S5 for magnetism while attempting to angle in either direction. If you have magnetism, pull the valve and check to see if it's jammed or stuck closed.

If you discover that you don't have magnetism, start back tracking the wiring to the grill connector with a test light. You want the blue/orange wire, which is the wire for the S5 coil/valve assembly.

Make sure the grill connector is fully connected and CLEAN.

3. samjr

samjr Senior Member

how do i check magnetism

i know what u are saying kinda but how do u check magnetism ? So the S5 is on the bottom of the valve body ihad that cover off today tapping on it lightly to see if that works but nope over the winter i had to put a new but used S5 in it because 1 of the tabs where broke off
    (well i did not put it in some1 did it for me)

PS thanks B&B for come thought anion man i got to say u know your **** ops PLOWS :angel::D

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep the S5 is the lonely one in the bottom Sam. To check it for mag, pull the cover off and while a helper attempts to angle the plow left and right take a screwdriver or small wrench (anything metal will work) and hold it too the S5 coil. While the plow is being operated you should "feel" the magnetism that the coil is producing attempting to hold the wrench against the coil.....just as if it was an actual magnet pulling on it.

Be very careful while working around the plow during this test....if she drops on your toes or you get your extremities in the wrong place you'll know it in a hurry. Use caution!

5. crf450ny

crf450ny Junior Member

Just want to throw this out there for you ez-v guys. I had bought a new ez-v two years ago.
    I got through the first winter with no problems at all. Next fall I put the blade on and it would not move the wings. Take it to the dealer and he ask me if I ever had replaced any of the cylinders on the plow. No i had not. Apparently the dealer or Fisher it self used some rebuilt cylinders that where not chromed properly and the chrome pcs. where floating around in my oil. Got into the valves and stopped working.

6. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Out of the five fisher dealers in our area there is only one good one... Norway Auto and Plow. They never get the stupid problems like this one. sometimes a buisness can be thought of totally backwards.

Like if it is a big building in the heart of the city... you think, wow, these guys must be good when really they don;t know what the hell their doin! Its the small country buisnesses that know what to do because they get more snow and don't get the salt on the roads... just some good old dirt! They take more pride in their buisness and stand behind their products with out argument!

7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Now there is an unbiased opinion if I ever saw one. :dizzy::dizzy:

Does your arm hurt from patting yourself on the back that hard and often? :rolleyes:

8. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Opinion???? It's my company and we are out in bum F*** no where land and we don't advertise at all for the plow side. But we still sell over 100 plows a year and service about 150. When people are at our shop they only talk about how they got rooked over by other companies that didn't know what they were doing. Pride goes into every sale and thats why they don't come back for warrenty. We take precautions. Id tell ya but then everyone else would do the same thing because they are soo helpful in keeping the plow running for long periods off time with out a break down.

My arm hurts because off assembling soo many plows then installing the frame plates.

Talking about unbaised opinions... you don't even know who we are of anything about us. Stop trying to look cool by making other people look like crap!!!

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Guess he told you, BD. lmao

10. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Found it

it was the harness on the plow side was bad :realmad: