1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez-v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 84forddiesel, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 84forddiesel

84forddiesel Junior Member
    from ny

i found an ez-v for sale. before i look at it i want to find out what i would have to get for my truck to put it on. my truck currently has a mm1 with 2 plugs. the truck is a 1997 ford f250. the ez-v came off a 1999 chevy 2500 and it comes with the wiring for the chevy. will the control harness fit my ford from the chevy. will i have to change the light harness that is on my truck now?

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Is the EZ V 2 plug(they didn't make them way to long) if so you just need the controll harness from the Chevy,if it's 3 plug (Iso Mod) you can upgrade your truck to the Isolation Module wiring or simply change the plow side(EZ V) back to 2 plug with the controll/headlight harness in one and also the correct battery cable on the plow

3. 84forddiesel

from ny

im not sure if it two or three plug i havent got an email back yet. so if it a three plug i can change it to a two plug and use the wiring that is already on my truck just plug the fishstik in and it will work? if i went the iso way. would the iso from the chevy work on my ford? thank you

4. Arc Burn

If it is 2 plug you still need the controll harness from the Chevy,if it's Iso Mod you will use a white label iso mod(different) and different headlight harness's,probably cheaper at that point to convert the plow back to 2 plug,unless you find everything used

5. 84forddiesel

from ny

ok so the plow is a two plug set up and i bought it. going to pick it up on sat. so i have the whole wiring harness from the chevy. does anyone have a wiring diagram of what i need to do to put the chevy control harness into my ford? i also heard there is an adapter plug that will still let me run my straight blade. is that true? if so im thinking about getting it so i have a spare plow. at least ill have a spare plow this year sense i dont have a spare truck this year. thanks for the help.

6. Arc Burn

All the diagrams are on Fishers website and yes you can buy adapter # 21792k For around $50,you still need a straight blade controll though.

7. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Am I missing something here? Isn't there no "control harness" in a 2 plug system, just one for power/ground and the other for all control/lighting? In this case, the Chevy "control harness" wouldn't include the proper connections for lighting on the Ford, correct???