1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V wings won't move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Lifted4x4Astro, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Bought the plow from an individual and when I got it one of the angle cylinders' hoses was cut so I couldn't test the angling. It raised fine except for being a little low on fluid.

I finally got some oil from NAPA (some generic brand that is spec'd out to Fisher specs) and flushed and filled the reservoir. I also put a new hose on the angle cylinder. I hooked the plow to the truck and it raises perfect, lowers perfect, lights all work as they are supposed to but none of the angling works. When I push the Fishstick to "scoop" the pump runs as long as my finger is on the button but nothing happens. No matter what button I push, except for raise and lower, the pump runs but nothing happens. I did print out the "mechanic's guide" but haven't had time to mess with it yet.

Has anyone seen the same issue and have a quick fix? Once it cools down out and I get a free day, I will be playing with it.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you don't even have wing functions when you try operating the wings individually?

Is it a 6 or 9 button controller?

I assume it's currently stuck in the Vee position now?

3. Lifted4x4Astro

It is a 9 button control and yes it is stuck in the Vee position. I'll add a little more. I had my wife running the controls and when she hit one of the wing buttons, I could manually pull the wing out. It would then go back to the Vee position by hitting another button. I could do this on both sides.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two common possibilities for your exact situation...

1) Could just have air in the wing cylinders and hoses from being low on fluid. Did you bleed the individual hoses one at a time at the cylinders after you did the work and refilled the reservoir? The Fisher and Western Vee's are some of the toughest plows to bleed out the air from their hydro systems.

2) The F2 fuse is blown. The F2 controls the S4, S5 and S6 coils/valves which are all used for the exact functions you currently don't have working. You can check the S4, 5 and 6 coils for magnetism while a helper operates the plow wing functions. If none have magnetism when they should, then check the F2 fuse.

5. Lifted4x4Astro

1) Could just have air in the wing cylinders and hoses from being low on fluid. Did you bleed the individual hoses one at a time at the cylinders after you did the work and refilled the reservoir? The Fisher and Western Vee's are some of the toughest plows to bleed out the air from their hydro systems.

I did not bleed the individual hoses after I refilled the reservoir. What is the best way to do this?

2) The F2 fuse is blown. The F2 controls the S4, S5 and S6 coils/valves which are all used for the exact functions you currently don't have working. You can check the S4, 5 and 6 coils for magnetism while a helper operates the plow wing functions. If none have magnetism when they should, then check the F2 fuse.

I will grab my meter from work and check the F2 fuse. I did physically check the 15 and 10 amp fuses that are on the harness that plugs into the isolation module and they appeared to be good.

Thanks a LOT for the help! I will post back either tomorrow or early next week with the results. :redbounce

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Slightly loosen each of the wing hoses right at the cylinder to allow fluid/air to escape while attempting to operate the wings to purge the air from the cylinders. Be patient with it and don't let the reservoir get low.

But before you even attempt to bleed the wings check the respective coils/valves for magnetism like previously mentioned first. You want to establish if they're even operating.

7. Lifted4x4Astro

Sounds good. Thanks for the help so far! I checked the F2 fuse and it is ok. I will check the coils to be sure they are getting energized before going any further. This will be next week most likely as we are heading out camping later today.

8. Lifted4x4Astro

Well...still no luck. The coils are definitely getting power and are magnetized. I loosened the hoses at the cylinders and got quite a bit of air and fluid out but the wings still do not work. I will try bleeding more. :help:

9. Lifted4x4Astro

Update...I got the left wing to work! :bluebounc :bluebounc :bluebounc

I need to get more fluid and hopefully I can get the right wing to work. I think the left one was airlocked. Once it let go a bunch of oil sprayed out and it started working!

10. Lifted4x4Astro

Well, it's all set! :redbounce

Ended up being stuck solenoids. Thanks for the help B & B :drinkup: