1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez-v to straight blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by KatWalk, Nov 23, 2010.

1. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

I currently have a 8'6" fisher ez-v on a 2006 gmc2500 hd. Old Style lights, three wire. I want to switch back to a new style 8' straight blade. Is there a way to convert to the straight blade without taking apart all the lights, modules, etc.? I have a feeling you will ask why I would ever go back to straight blade. I am predominately residential, do lots of back dragging, have several gravel driveways, and just have not had great luck with the ez-v. Thanks.

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

straight blade conversion

You can buy an adapter from Fisher that connects to the V-Plow control plug in your cab and has the six pin straight blade plug to plug a staight blade controller into, so just get the adapter and a controller and your good to go, this will give you the option of using the v-plow or straight blade. Part # is 21792k, adapter cable , they cost between $50 and $60.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010