1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V Scoop or Vee Pressed, Plow Drops

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DBaileyASL, Dec 16, 2009.

1. DBaileyASL

DBaileyASL Junior Member

When I press the Scoop or Vee button on the Fish-Stik, the plow drops to the ground and then will scoop or vee while on the ground. All other functions work properly! Also notice that when the plow raises, it reaches the top, then drops a couple inches before catching. Not sure if that is relevant. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

S8 coil sticking or a blown fuse in the controller. Try a spare controller first if you can gain access to one.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

subscribing in interest

4. DBaileyASL

DBaileyASL Junior Member

Problem Solved

Controller was replaced already: note to the rest of you, we found that a new controller cost roughly 320.00 from our fisher dealer. If you replace the PC board, the wiring cord and the keypad (just keep your old controller handle) and we saved 100.00. Anyhow...
    Took covers off to expose coils. Removed each one individually and at at the same time removed the hydraulic distribution valves (I think thats what they're called) and cleaned them. The process: Removed a coil, cleaned valve, replaced coil with new and checked functions. If it still didn't work, put old coil back on and moved on to the next one repeating the process. Finally found one that was bad and all plow functions returned to normal. Also found a tiny piece of metal in one of the valves that might have also contributed to the problem. Plow is back in action! FINALLY!

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Good deal. Welcome aboard, and good luck this season!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That one would have been the S8 valve I mentioned. Good to hear you're back up and running. :drinkup:

7. DBaileyASL

DBaileyASL Junior Member

Plow malfunctioning again! Same problem...scoop or vee pressed and plow drops, but will still scoop or vee on the ground. Have to get back into it again! Damn!

8. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

pull that coil and valve and see if there is more metal on it if so something internal is destructing it self there is more to it

9. DBaileyASL

DBaileyASL Junior Member

Pulled the coil and valve, found another piece of metal in it jamming it up! Cleaned and plow is functional again. Looked more like a piece of solder to me..... Anyway, back in action!

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You probably have a cylinder thats shedding the shrapnel. And on an EZ-V it's usually the wing cylinders.

11. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

It would be a pump more than likely!! if it is steel then it is a piston... the magnet in the tank catches the stell... the aluminum pump however goes right into the cartridges.... Make sure when you replace the pump you FLUSH EVERYTHING.. take everything apart and clean it.. unless your a fisher Tech..I would send it out to have it rebuilt..

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Won't make it to the magnet if it's from a cylinder. Has to get through the valves first. Which they don't. :D

13. plowinginma

from MA

I agree that the larger particles get stuck in the valve.. however if you find larger chips in your cartridge.. you will find your magnet has steel as well.. .. and more than likely he found steel in S1 (if it is a piston) there is no S8 on an Easy V

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmmmmmmmm

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Typo on my part Napper relax. It's not like I got stuck in the neighbors yard or anything. :D

16. plowinginma

from MA

LOL I hate when that happens!!!

17. DBaileyASL

DBaileyASL Junior Member

The Solution?

Allright, went out plowing again and plow worked fine for about an hour, then the drivers side wing would not extend. Dealt with it for awhile and next thing the old problem returned. A few hours later...no functions at all! Brought the plow in following the storm and pulled apart everything and found the cause of it all.....
    At the beginning of the season, my mechanic went to change the fluid and took the resevoir off to check the screens, clean the magnet ect. When he put the reservoir back on, he accidentally snapped one of the screws that hold it on. He couldn't get the screw out so he tried to drill into it to get a new one in. When he drilled, he missed and went into the valve block and because of that miss, shards from the drilling contaminated the system.
    Sooo.... now going to flush the ENTIRE system and replace the valve block (freakin 600.00!)
    Should solve the problem permenantly. What a fiasco over a screw up at the beginning of the plow season!

18. plowinginma

from MA

Egad.. Well that was a costly mistake.. I would think the mechanic is responsible for the cost of a new manifold.. and I personally would not be using said mechanic anymore!! Looks like B&B and I were both wrong LOL (" oh ya forgot to mention my mechanic took a drill to my manifold and left the metal chunks in there.. Whats a little metal??")

19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah I'd at least be asking for him to cover half the cost.