1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez-v questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nosinjcted, Nov 9, 2005.

1. nosinjcted

nosinjcted Junior Member
    from MA

If my truck was wired for an ez-v plow would a regular straight plow work with the same truck? For instance, could I just hook up to a straight plow and have everything work, withouth changing any of the wiring?

2. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

You can hook up no problem. If you had a straight blade and wanted to use a V Blade, you need to buy the V blade controller harness. It's pretty cheap if I remember

3. RX8_with_a_plow

RX8_with_a_plow Junior Member

That's not entirely true. The solinoids on the V-Plow are connected to +Battery and the solinoids on the straignt are connected to Ground. You should contact Fisher tech support to see if they have an adaptor.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You need a adapter(don't have the part# on hand),it's roughly $40,get one at your dealer.

5. nosinjcted

nosinjcted Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks for the info, I just e-mailed fisher so i'll see if I ever get a reply. Arc Burn do you happen to know the part # or where I could find it?

Thanks again

6. Arc Burn

My books are in the shop,i'll post it tomorrow.

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

The adapter is part# 21792K. it screws into the v harness inside the cab. However, u need a straight blade controller to make it work..

see if the attached PDF file works..

8. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

9. Arc Burn

Lists at $44.70

10. nosinjcted

nosinjcted Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks for the reply's. I just checked my e-mail and fisher told me the same thing. Arc burn are you a dealer for fisher?

Thanks again

11. Arc Burn

Sub-Dealer,yes.