1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V Questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tyler886, Mar 13, 2013.

1. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

Ive got a 1997 F-250 PSD Im looking into purchasing a used Fisher EZ-V plow with the 5 button controller. I have a couple questions on this, so bear with me!

The plow would be coming off of a 2003 or 2004 Chevy 2500HD truck.

-Is the isolation module the same, its a 4 port on the Chevy?
    -Is it easy to convert to the newer 9 button controller?
    -What part numbers would I need for the correct module and headlight wiring harness?

Also, my truck currently has a Western Unimount 2 plug setup. Is it possible and feasible to leave the existing 2 plug setup for a back up 2 plug MM? Or is it more work than its worth/not possible to have the truck setup for 2 and 3 plug setups?

The plow I would be buying would be complete with all wiring and controller, just not the push plates. What would I be expecting to pay to make this happen for my Ford?

Any help is appreciated.

-Tyler

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

All you need are the 2 head light harnesses, (HB5), you have push plates on the truck from the 2 plug set up, fisher makes an adapter to convert the 10 pin or 9 pin ez-v control harness to accept a 6 pin straight blade controller which you should already have, Sell your 2 plug wiring keep the straight blade controller and convert the 2 plug plow to a 3 plug and buy the EZ-V to straight blade control harness adapter, now you can run either plow with the set up..

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

So I ended up picking up the EZ-V. Now the fun begins...

I got all of the wiring, module, controller, push plates etc from the Chevy.

ISO Module number 27781, so that wont work for my Ford, correct? And I'll need to purchase the one you posted?

The 9 button handheld controller is just plug and play from the 5 button?

-Tyler

5. unhcp

That module will not work and the headlight harness will also not work, just buy that kit and your good to go!

You can also get an adapter to run a straight blade if you want, but you still need a straight controller.

6. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

Thanks for the help!

I plan on keeping my Western straight blade handheld as an eventual backup once I find a cheap 2 plug to convert to 3 for a backup.

Now I just need to find a set of 7128 push plates used. Fisher dealers think these hunks of steel are worth $600!

-Tyler

7. unhcp

21792K is the part number

8. unhcp

and actually I have those parts you need if you didn't already buy it

9. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

If youve got a good set of 7128 push plates for sale I'd buy them if you'd be willing to meet somewhere between RI and NH. Driving 2+ hours one way is just too far for me, and I'd probably bite the bullet and buy new. PM me exactly what you have for ISO module, wiring, and push plates and we'll see if we can work something out. If youre interested I have all this GM Fisher stuff to trade towards the Ford stuff.

-Tyler

10. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

There's a couple sets of the push plates your looking for on CL one in eastern CT and another near Hartford, if you buy a used set go to Fisher's web site and print off the parts list, it has a picture of all the parts , this set is quite elaborate and consists of quite a few pieces, I see alot of partial sets for sale.