1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez V Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kbhi67, Nov 26, 2012.

1. kbhi67

kbhi67 Junior Member

I have a fisher Easy V Plow. This year I hooked it up and plow wont raise. when I try to raise left side v retracts. left side also will not work independently. I have removed and verified each valve and swapped solenoids around to no avail. I found a broken control wire (black w/ White) and spliced still no luck. Does any one have any suggestions. I have also checked fuses and all are good. Thanks in advance, Kevin

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

if you can try it on another truck that would help a lot, but if you can't we have to figure out if it is the truck side or plow side. I am going to guess at this point it is something on the plow, but I would check your truck side solenoid connections, check your red wire that powers the controller. Check your 3 pin control plug for corrosion.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

controlers have been known to be bad also

4. kbhi67

kbhi67 Junior Member

thank you, cleaned all pins on all three connectors, plow will work intermittently now. believe it may be my splice. i will re separate and solder tomorrow. thanks again, your suggestion pointed me in right direction

5. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

The 10pin connector from the controller to the harness may not be connection tight. My plow did damn near the same thing. The twist-lock connector is cracked so it does not hold it together. Try pushing that connection together and holding it while operating the plow.