1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V Pointer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nsmilligan, Feb 3, 2001.

1. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

My frist EZ-V is in it's 4th season, and because I've already put more hours on it this year then last I thought I would change the fluid mid-season. I always use Fisher fluid, and change it every season. My plow seemed to be slower this year, and it was blowing fluid out of the vent pipe, so I pulled the reservoir off the hydro unit.
    Frist a return line had come off it's tube, the reason for the blow-by.
    The filter screen was almost pluged by a grey sludge, cleaned it and replaced the fluid; A NEW PLOW.
    So if you have an EZ-V and haven't already, check the filter screens on yours.
    Also there is a bar magnet in the bottom of the reservoir, it had done it's job and needed to be cleaned.

2. CharlieNH

CharlieNH Junior Member

How to change filter?

How do you pull off the filter on the pump with the pump in place? I'm afraid I might damage it by pulling too hard. (Fisher)