1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ V Plow Problem with wing drift....wing wont lock in

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bdavis, Dec 18, 2010.

1. bdavis

bdavis Member

I have a 2006 Fisher MM2 EZV plow that is new to me. I dont know the history of the plow. When I raise it off the ground, the right side wing starts to drift (gravity) to the v position. It will go back out if I use the controller but as soon as power is stopped it drifts back. If I go out to the plow i can pull the wing in and out. I think it is the relief valve but is that a simple fix I can do myself? Where do I find/replace it? Thanks in advance!

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I think you are correct with the relief valve. I'd check Fishers website for the breakdown of that pump but on the straight blades its not a hard job.

3. bdavis

bdavis Member

I have replaced both of the passenger side wing relief valves and have adjusted them according to the service manual. The wing is still drifting back....ANYONE have any ideas?

4. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

maybe one of your valves is staying partially open... i know the fisher website has a troubleshooting section for this exact plow... i have had to print it off a few times cause my V plow does stupid stuff like this all the time.. OHH and LETS GO RED SOX

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The wing reliefs won't cause it to drift only with gravity unless they're both stuck wide open which is highly unlikely.

There's only two things that can cause it. Either a bad ram or a stuck pilot check valve stuck in the open position. Pull both check valves from the bottom of the secondary manifold and swap them side to side, if the problem changes then you're on the right track, if it doesn't then you have a bad ram.

6. bdavis

bdavis Member

Thanks Everyone

B&B....I swapped the two pilot check valves and the same wing and I can still push the passenger side wing back with my hands. I also replaced both of the relief valves with new ones....does this mean the ram is bad? Think i should just order a new one?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As a secondary test before condemning the wing ram, swap all the wing hoses side to side at the pump (keep track of them) and see if the problem switches sides or remains on the right side. If it switches then there's still an issue in the manifold, if it doesn't then the ram is leaking internally therefore needs replaced.

Wing rams aren't inexpensive so you want to be 100% sure where the issue lies before purchasing one.

8. bdavis

bdavis Member

I will check...thanks a million....Merry Christmas!