1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez V plow cutting edge

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tbayles, Apr 4, 2016.

1. tbayles

tbayles Junior Member

Im looking to replace the cutting edge on my Fisher ez v plow. I want to know if I can replace the center rubber (in the v) with the extreme V's steel center peace?

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I believe you can but you'll have to open up some holes or slot them to fit it. It's not direct bolt on.

3. tbayles

tbayles Junior Member

thanks for the info.
    would it be worth it? I just got the plow and need to replace the cutting edge and the rubber. Does the rubber wear out fast? Am i looking to replace this rubber peace every yr, other yr…. Im in the DC area.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It's probably worth it. Biggest problem is the rubber can catch on manhole cover or other things and tear off before it's completely worn down.

5. PPP

PPP Member

There is another Snow Plow forum that addresses modifying the cutting edge. Not something I personally would want to make up every time I needed to change the edge. I have had my EZ V since 2006. The rubber piece only ever broke once in 9 years of hard plowing. I always have a spare behind the seat. The one thing you want to address when you change the rubber piece is the 2 metal supports that it bolts to. They wear as the edge wears. You can buy new ones for $30 each piece. I just grind off the thick plate side of the support and weld a new 1/4 inch piece of steel to it every time I change out the cutting edges. The actual cutting edges are cheap enough if not locally through CPW that you can always have a spare set. If you run Curb Guards or extra lengths at the outer edges of the plow you can usually significantly increase the life of the cutting edges on these plows.