1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V mounting and wiring help.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by D_EDGE, Nov 28, 2009.

1. D_EDGE

D_EDGE Junior Member
    from Alaska

New guy to the plowing world here. Just bought a Fisher EZ-V from a guy that had it mounted on an 05 Superduty. Mine is 99 and supposedly there is an adapter kit that will make the mounts works on my truck? Has anyone used those. Also the lead for the headlights have a different style connector. It's the three prong like on a sealed beam headlight instead of the flat connector for the halogen bulb. Do they make an adapter for that or do you have to buy whole new leads? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. bdavis

bdavis Member

You need to buy the new headlight harness unless you want to cut and splice.....as far as the mount....there is no kit to make 05 mounts fit 99-early04 ....thek kit is to make late model 04 fit 99-early 04....sorry to bring th ebad news...good luck!

3. D_EDGE

D_EDGE Junior Member
    from Alaska

Well i got the mount on. It was a late 04 model it turns out. Now I just have to finish splicing in the wiring to go from the 2B to a HB5 connector. Also had to order pins for the inside plow controller plug since he cut the wires short when he removed the harness :confused: Those took a little searching to find. Should be up and plowing shortly though :)