1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V model 28885 plow on 2009 GMC 2500HD???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by xikar, Sep 26, 2011.

1. xikar

xikar Junior Member
    from CT

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums here and so far from the couple hours of reading I have done it seem like a wealth of information in regard to this indusrty! I have a question concerning a plow for my 2009 2500HD extended cab. I was offered one of two Fisher plows to mount on the truck. One being a EZ-V 8'6" model 28885 or an 8' X-Blade model 28100. I was told by a couple of the in house mechanics at my shop that the V plow would be too hevy for the 2500. Does anyone know the weight of the plow and also would you guys recommend mounting it on this truck? I know the X-Blade is roughly 790lbs but I cnnot find any information on the V. Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its not much heavier actually. The X blade has more bracing and is a pretty big plow all around. I think the EZV is in the mid 800lb area.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the details of ur truck what is ur fawr and what engine do u have? Plow prep? Thats the only way to know for what is legal or not. Will the truck handle either of those plows easily Yes. Is it legal? Maybe if we get more info.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. xikar

xikar Junior Member
    from CT

I have a 6.0 liter V8 and the fawr is 4800lbs. As far as the plow prep, how would I know if it was set up with one? This was bought as a "work truck" and its set up with a utility body. It was purchased by my company from a local dealer brand new. I assume I can find out through them unless there is something on the truck that would let me know???

5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the V, I have had 4 -2500 Hd's, all have had 8'-6" V's, latest is an X V

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

According to fishers e match web site with the 4800 lb and 6.0 gas u could run a 9.6 v if u wanted, ur all set. Tell ur in house mechanics they are very wrong. Same frt end on 2500 and 3500. If u had a diesel or lower fawr then there would b a problem but yout good to go whatever u decide. U may want to get timbrens or take a few turns on the t bars though, I have the low fawr and a diesel and I ran an 8.6 the last 2 years.. Legal no problems no.

7. xikar

xikar Junior Member
    from CT

Thank for the replies fellas. Very helpful. I am going to go with the V I guess then. The X-Blade is a pretty nice plow though, and alot newer, but I feel the V may be a bit more versatile. Thanks again for the feedaback, it is very much appreciated!

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The Xblades are awesome plows, probably the best straight blade I've used but I traded my 8' XBlade for the 9'6" EZV because a V is just a way more versatile plow all around. Best of luck this season!

9. Couldn't agree more...

I went from plowing with a straight blade of all sizes for over 30 years to the EZ V on my '04 2500HD last year. The best thing I ever did when it comes to plowing and I'll never go back to a straight blade.