1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez v mm2 problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SlamaNow, Oct 13, 2014.

1. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

Hey guys, I have a problem. I went and moved my plow last night and it spent the night out in the rain. I turned it on this morning and it lifted without any problems but then the wings would not move and now it won't even pick up the blade. The lift cylinder will go up slowly but does not have enough strength to pickup the blade. Pump sounds like its running. Ohh there was a tiny bit of smoke rising from the base of the pump.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Start by cking the fluid.
    Smoke could be motor getting warm and burning off the water. Could be more of so problem to, but start simple

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Like SS said start with fluid. What does it look like? How cold did it get last night? When was fluid last changed? Have someone operate the plow to see exactly where smoke is coming from.

4. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

I'm just going to take it in to the dealer. I want them to do a pre-season on it as well as a full tune up.

5. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

The issue was that the motor just up and died on.

got a full pre season done on the old girl. the was no water in the oil and she is good to got.

1 scary bit we found however is that the center pin was broken.

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

since they did the motor u might want to ask them if they chked the motors bearing thickness and or replaced it

7. dieselss

What?.....

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Motor bearing and pump seal kit is under $10,with a proper service the reservoir is off anyways(I remove the whole unit ) we know the motor is being changed for him at this point only a hack would not install the bearing/seal kit

9. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

x2

10. dieselss

Is that just a Fisher thing?
    If it's a new motor, why would you have to Ck the bearing and or replace it?

11. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

its not the $10 for the kit its the labor I can do a motor chg while leaving the whole unit on the plow and obviously im not the only one :) Which is a lot quicker IF the manifold bracket attachment bolts wont come out then they need to be drilled out or etc.... then the old motor can and pump depending on how happy the can screws r long story short id ask if he starts getting chatter with a brand new motor dwn the rd who knows maybe the poster and shop all ready went over it

12. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Same thing on Western Flo-Stat's

It's not part of the motor. It's in the valve block.

13. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

the reason being that by the time a motor with a average life decides to die the bearing is usually paper thin which if not replaced the new motors shaft will chatter.sound like crap and will kill the new motor a lot quicker ect....

14. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah i guess i've never done one:dizzy::rolleyes: