1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez V MM2 2500HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tls22, Mar 25, 2009.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Hey guys i think im going to make the jump to a ez v mm2, trying to find somthing used 8.5. I feel my truck will handle this plow well, was just wondering if anyone had any pics of a fisher v on a 2500 hd. I want to see how it sits, I have 285's on my truck and a leveling kit. Will also have ballast in the back with a concrete block.

Thanks Respectively yours Tim:waving:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Your truck should handle that no problem. I run an 8.5 XV on my 97 2500. You are up there a ways with the tires and lift, so take your time getting the plow to sit level. I think the EZ-V is a great plow. Simple, reliable. It is not nearly as fast as the XV, and does not scrape as well.

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the response. Im not aginst a xv...just need to see what used stuff is out there. There is a nice ez-v for sale on ebay in ct. That is very close to me, im just not ready to bite yet. Plows are not in high demand now. If you have any pics of the truck and plow please post. Thanks

Tim:drinkup:

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If the plow is in decent condition, you may want to make an offer. Take advantage of the reduced demand and get the price down a little maybe. You may see the EZ-V become somewhat of a hot ticket, given some of the issues we've had with the XV's.

5. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks man...this very well may be true. what issues are the xv's having?

Thanks lou...the truck looks great....truck seems to sit well also. How does it push?

7. samjr

samjr Senior Member

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There is a 2003 2500HD at the shop that runs a 9'6" EZ V. It was put on in 05 and haven't had any issues yet. Can't get you any pics, we haven't plowed in 6 weeks and I hope it's over for this year.

I wouldn't have a problem putting that plow on your truck. I will say the newer ones scrape better.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thankyou sam...i should have use the search button...lol Looks like i will be fine. Have a safe and fun summer.

Thanks cet....ur always there when i need you the most....:drinkup: If you can get a pick please post it....but i hope in ur case the picture comes next winter..lol have a relaxing summer cet and good luck with golfing

10. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Tim,
    truck pushes great. I run out of traction long before I run out of power.

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Good deal...thanks Lou. Have a great and safe summer:drinkup: