1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V Lift Issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigCountryBCE, Dec 27, 2012.

1. BigCountryBCE

BigCountryBCE Junior Member

I have a 8'-6" EZ-V bought new in 2003, recently installed it on my 2012 GMC Sierra. Everything had been working fine until this morning, the plow lifted fine, I dropped it and made my first push (we have 10" here) and it wouldn't lift or move in any way. Eventually I was able to get it to lift about a 1/4" at a time to be able to move the truck. Originally thought fluid was low but that didn't make a difference. I did notice a loose stud on the motor, my thoughts are the motor is bad?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

is the controller staying on???
    is the solenoid clicking when you press anything except dwn?
    is the motor even trying to work??
    are all the wires ok and not corroded??

3. BigCountryBCE

The controller is staying on, the solenoid is brand new and clicking, all wires were cleaned and greased.

4. BigCountryBCE

The motor is trying to work, it will eventually lift the plow, takes about 20 minutes, pressing and releasing the lift button.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok sounds like motor. How does it angle??

6. BigCountryBCE

Same as lift, eventually it will move.

7. Plugged filter in the reservoir. Drop the fluid and pull the reservoir off and you will find the plastic intake screen partially or completely plugged with sludge. Just happened to my EZV a month ago.

8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

second motorman

9. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

If u have the newer filter u can just clean it with rake clean or something like that