1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez-v help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fvsonnyboy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. fvsonnyboy

fvsonnyboy Junior Member
    from maine

i have an ez-v 8.5ft mm2 but it wont default to the straight blade mode nor will it wing it vee's and scoops just fine any thoughts ?

2. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

What do you mean by "default" to straight?
    as far as the individual Wing buttons go, try another controller and see if that fixes it.
    If you can hear the solenoid clicking when you press the buttons try looking at the pump and see if the valves are opening right.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

It doesnt default to straight. you need to put it into straight blade then use the angle buttons to angle.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like controller issure.

5. fvsonnyboy

fvsonnyboy Junior Member
    from maine

i have a new controller the manual says that when i first turn the plow on or turn off one of the modes that it should go into straight mode and act like a straight blade

6. brad96z28

It does nothing when you hit the mode button?

7. fvsonnyboy

fvsonnyboy Junior Member
    from maine

when i hit mode than hit the vee button it vees when i hit the scoop button it scoops am i missing something ? if i don't hit mode and i just push the left or right each side just goes in the only way to extend the wings is to put in into scoop this is my first v plow

8. brad96z28

do you know the part number of your controller?

9. fvsonnyboy

fvsonnyboy Junior Member
    from maine

its the older version of the 9800 its got the round connector not the square one

10. brad96z28

Yes I know but there is more then one version of the round 9 pin controller. I was trying to figure out wich one you have. The only ones I am familiar using is the 9700. I have a few of them and thats what I use I have never used the 9800 model.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  11. fvsonnyboy

fvsonnyboy Junior Member
    from maine

The cable had a label on it showing 66636 Rev. 3 here's a link to what it looks like http://i.ebayimg.com/t/fisher-plow-fishstick-for-ez-v-plow-/00/s/MzAwWDQwMA==/$(KGrHqNHJEoFBmqPesbuBQgICrsmRw~~60_1.JPG

12. brad96z28

Ok that is the old style with the mode button.The only way to switch between modes is with the button if it does not work, new or not I would try Another controller.

13. fvsonnyboy

fvsonnyboy Junior Member
    from maine

but the mode button works it when you take it out of mode it had problems and this is the second controller

14. mksent02

mksent02 Member

The problem is most likely in the plow. You want it to work like a regular blade and it doesn't. I am using the newer controllers and I have one blade out of several that doesn't do straight mode, I haven't diagnosed it yet. I moved them with the same truck eliminating controller, wiring etc. It is probably a stuck valve or bad o ring.

15. fvsonnyboy

fvsonnyboy Junior Member
    from maine

that makes sense thank you very much keep me posted on what i you find and will do the same

16. mksent02

mksent02 Member

ok the common solenoid is S5 which is in the front on the bottom- opened mine up and found bad connection at magnet repaired wiring and replaced magnet (really simple) & all is working. If you have never messed with the covers you will need a t-15 torx screw driver or long bit.