1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez v harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by LopatLT7495, Jan 18, 2014.

1. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

I just bought a 9.5' ez v off a buddy of mine that owns a landscaping business, the plow was on his 03 dodge 3500 dually and my truck is the same so it worked out perfect. $1200 for the plow and i get the truck side included if I take it of the truck. I thought it was a damn good deal! Cutting edge has maybe 1 season on it, everything was always meticulously maintained and only a little surface rust and paint chipping. Anyway my question is does anyone know where online I can find the whole vehicle side wiring harness and all the controls I would need for my truck. I'm not going to try and get the harness off of his truck, I'd rather buy new. I have found the controller but can't seem to find the wiring harness. Can it be bought online as a whole kit or do I have to go directly to fisher? Also if anyone can tell me maybe exactly what parts I need ( if they have to be brought separately) that would be a big help. I'm not going to run the plow this season but want to get the mount on my truck and my truck wired and then paint the plow and just give it a little face lift for next season. Thanks for any help.

2. jday53

jday53 Junior Member

Everything is the same for a straight blade except for the #1 harness.

3. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

Thanks for the reply, do you know of any websites that sell the complete truck side harness for the plow?

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

No need to buy new honestly. If he's not using it, you absolutely should pull his out, shouldn't take more than 90 minutes tops.

You didn't say whether the plow was 2 plug or 3 plug, which will factor in what you need for a truck side. If its a 2 plug, I would convert it personally if you were dead set on not taking/using his wiring. If you want used parts, let me know. I have 4 or 5 of the port 1 control harnesses you need.
    If not, you can go to Fishers site and use the eMatch to get the part #'s for anything you need then head to the dealer with a heap of cash :)

I also have a 3 plug EZ-V control harness for the plow side that just needs the sheath opened because there is a break in one wire to open the solenoid (forget which # offhand) for down and PS wing out but is otherwise mint. Odd because there is no visible damage externally...

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Storks auto

There's a round 10 pin connector or a 6 pin flat. Not sure which one you need. I assume 6 pin

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

EZ-V plows all use 10 pin, regardless of 2 plug or 3 plug.

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Thats good to know. What uses 6? I know MVP plus does. So what would that be called in fisher terms

8. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

I thought about taking the wiring out of his truck but I think just for piece of mind I would rather get a new truck side harness, that way it's new nothing will be maybe close to rubbing through or anything. Also we are both really busy and I don't want to screw with taking it off his truck. I'm not sure what plugs the truck or plow have, I stopped and looked at the plow last week and I left without taking pics :dizzy:. I will try and get back over and get some pics when I get a chance. I'm not really in a big hurry, the plow isn't going to be used until next season.