1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ V Fishstick is slow to power up!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by planecrazy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. planecrazy

planecrazy Junior Member
    from Maine

My EZ-V will display the red power on light only after pressing and holding the power switch for about 30 seconds, sometimes longer when below freezing. It will not lift the blade or angle until the proper button has ben held depressed for another 30 seconds or so. The Fisher rep tested the Fishstick Control yesterday and said it was working properly, Could the solenoids be sticking? Happy Veterans Day and Thank you Veterans for your sacrifices and service to our country :salute:

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

that is strange, is their any clicking noises?

is the plow full of fluid?

sounds like a bad connection somewhere

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i would say bad connection also

4. planecrazy

planecrazy Junior Member
    from Maine

EZ-V Fishstick is slow to power up!

I do use dielectric grease on the plug in connectors I will clean them and re apply grease.

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

try monitoring the red wire that powers the controller and see if it act the same way. If it does find another power source.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I have the same advice as Brad, resource your power supply first, and open that inline fuse holder up, to make absolutely certain there is no signs of moisture. Don't hesitate to replace it. I wouldn't take the word of a rep either; god knows half of them are useless. To have an electrical issue based on environmental conditions...that clearly sounds like a condensation or moisture problem...whether in the controller, connector, or other connection within the system. Food for thought & happy hunting!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  7. planecrazy

planecrazy Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks, Guys. I will check the fuse and other electrical connectors. Last night when starting the truck at 60 degrees it powered up almost immediately. I will also try it on the next cold night and warm the solenoids with a blow dryer to see if they are freezing/sticking.

8. Where the heck have you been???

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Hi Dave! :waving: I know right...my plowsite notifications have been sporadic at best, so I haven't been on but once or twice...I'm not on much during the warm months to begin with. It's been a long off season! Wedding after wedding, moving, surgery, countless trips back and forth from Florida, and a busy summer for repos...we moved up to Wards cove for the next 2 years; year round. I'm hoping for a good freeze over this year. Thumbs Up

10. Me too. Its been a long time since I ran those sleds across safe ice. Glad to hear you are still participating here. You are a great resource.

11. planecrazy

planecrazy Junior Member
    from Maine

Problem Solved! the handheld control is the culprit. The rubber backed button surface does not make a good conductive contact with the circuit board. (Like the surface was a conductor but has worn away.) Any help finding a good buy on this EZ-V Fishstick Control (9800 Control) Would be appreciated. Thanks, Planecrazy

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

You can buy just the board & pad......

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

14. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

we had issues with ours last winter and I took the controller apart and cleaned the pad and elec. board, just wiped them clean- works right away now.

15. planecrazy

planecrazy Junior Member
    from Maine

Shops Lawn: I did clean with a pencil eraser, But it still takes too long to react. Maybe someone out there has a 9 button with 10 pin round # 9800 Fishstick or even the 6 button #66636 will work. Thanks for the help. Planecrazy