1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez-v center flap questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowguy43, Oct 3, 2011.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Guys,

Getting everything in order for this season and I need to replace the center flap on the EZV. I have to get it on the truck to see for sure but I'm pretty sure the metal piece is missing and the rubber piece has pulled off from one side (I'm assuming because the center piece is missing.

My questions -
    Where to find this setup at a decent price?

How does this hold up while plowing drives that are mostly sand?

I would go the Extreme V cutting edge route, but the plow has a brand new cutting edge on it and I really don't want to spend $300-$400 if I don't have to. My only problem is a plow a road that is all dirt/sand and I don't want to be replacing this flap all winter long if they don't hold up well seeing as most of the other driveways I do are sand/dirt as well.

Thanks

2. Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  3. plowguy43

Hmm...that kind looks like what is currently on there. Maybe I'll luck out and just have to buy the rubber piece.

I thought I saw someone who cut the rubber piece down the middle possibly to keep it from tearing by the bolts (like mine has done).

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The first series of EZ-Vs had two rubber pieces. The second series had a one piece design. Then they eliminated it with the Extreme V which has bent steel edges. The holes for the EZ-V are the same for both series so the one piece rubber flap with two steel brackets will bolt to either. The Extreme V has a different base angle design and hole pattern so puttting those edges on an EZ-V requires some modification

5. plowguy43

Sweet, I'm pretty sure this is a fairly new/late model so I'm probably good with just the rubber piece. Very happy about that. I'll snap some pics when the rain stops to show you guys.

6. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

sweet can;t wait for pics

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I want to see what yours looks like with the flap.It hasn't stopped raining here yet

8. plowguy43

Just stopped this morning. I'll get it on the truck this afternoon and snap some pics.

9. plowguy43

Well I wasn't able to get it hooked up because I was Tired and it was Cold. I did take some quick pictures when I got home but the plow hasn't moved or been cleaned since I got it back in April I think...

Picture 285.jpg

Picture 286.jpg

Picture 287.jpg

Picture 288.jpg

Picture 289.jpg

10. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Nice lookin plow.A little paint anf a whole lot of Fluid film. Holy smokes just noticed it was A 9.6 vee!!! On a 2500 4x4 ??? whats the weight??

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah that's what I'm wondering to.9 foot would be alittle scary but a 9.6 how well does it do plowing.

12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Must say thats a nice 02 early 03 model.

13. plowguy43

Its actually not as bad as you'd think. It needs a washdown, its pretty dirty because I made a pass when I bought it on my driveway (pretty much the beginning of mud season) back in April. There was about 2" of snow and I dropped the blade plowing more dirt than snow. Its been sitting because of all the work I needed to do to my truck over the summer. The head gear is in excellent shape with basically no rust at all, the blade has a few minor scrapes but nothing too bad.

Its very wide. Going from an 8' to this, I was amazed how much wider it was on my single pass I made. Sitting in the truck and extending it out to straight blade, it was crazy how far out the markers were.

Thanks, traded my 8' Xblade for it straight up. Kid had it on a Dmax and wanted something lighter. I don't think this weighs all that much less than the Xblade though, I could be wrong.

14. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The 9.6 is great for moving snow. Just be careful as they are prone to kinking. Must run stops. I had one on my SRW F350 but moved it to my dumptruck. It would push fine I just found it to be too wide for some of the driveways I had to get into. I run an 8.6 V on that truck now. The dump does larger commercial jobs and I have an older 9ft straight blade as a backup.

Get the flap and you can cut some off to adjust for wear on the edges. I replace my every year, but I do a LOT of plowing.

15. plowguy43

Where do you put the stops you are speaking of? It does have a stop on each side for the wings to limit how far back they come but if there is something else let me know.

So I got it all hooked up this weekend and mounted it on the truck. I'll post some pictures once my phone stops being stupid (won't upload to the computer).

I ran into a few issues which I'm thinking may possibly be air or moisture in the lines. When I first lifted the plow, neither of the wings would move. A few lifts and drops and it finally came loose. So she'll scoop, vee, do each wing independently, etc. If I try to Angle (as a straight blade) while in scoop or Vee or even if one wing isn't lined up completely, it locks and won't move. I have to retract one wing back all the way, and extend the other one out all the way. Then it will angle without issue, but as soon as I scoop or vee and try to go back to angle, it freezes. Also, when retracting/vee'ing it sounds like air in the system.

16. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Put an ounce or two of SeaFoam Trans Tune in the fluid. That will take care of any moisture.

17. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

None of the v plows. I have ever used wont swing left or right in v or scoop.

18. samjr

samjr Senior Member

U got them i see them in your pics
    26583 BLADE STOP

19. samjr

samjr Senior Member

here they are

your pic with them showed:mechanic:

Picture%20285.jpg

20. plowguy43

So your saying something is wrong with the plow? Any idea's?

Thanks!