1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-V 2 plug conversion to 3 plug

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DeAdZoNe, Nov 5, 2009.

1. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

All I have done so far is straight blade installs. I have been told I will need a new control harness for the first port of my 3 port iso mod and and an adapter to make the different fish stick work for the truck side. For the plow side whats involved in converting that to 3 plug? Will I need new headlamp harness and control harness? I would want to upgrade to the intensifiers at the same time anyways. Anyone done this before..any tips or hints would be helpful.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're already set up with a 3 port Iso...

Change the control harness on the truck side to a 26346. Purchase a 28800 plow lamp kit and a 26358 plow side control harness and you're good. May need to fab up mounts for the new lights but nothing difficult there.

3. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

Thanks, yea I have just welded angle iron to the tower to allow for the 2 post headlamps. Thanks for those part numbers, I am hoping to leave the wiring in the truck to run straight blades as well when/if I need to swap in a storm. Im sure the harnesses are going to set me back a few bucks at least..hopefully the V plow will pay for itself in no time for my parking lots.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Instead of leaving the straight harness in it just buy a vee to straight adapter 21792K for $45. That will allow you to run a straight blade with your vee harness. Makes underhood aesthetics a little easier too. There'll be enough plow harness's in there already :nod:

5. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

Nice I will have to look into that. I just picked up the plow this afternoon and for 900 bucks I wont complain for 8.5 V with fishstick and a complete set of old truck wiring. However, it sat for a couple years and the angle pistons have heavy rust on them. So worst case I can replace them, but maybe I will look into having them rebuilt. Is this practical for these pistons? Its gone past pitting and I think as soon as I try to energize it,..I will just wreck the packings anyways. I will try emery cloth and steel wool first. thoughts?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If they're extremely rusty they'll need to be re-chromed to be reliable. Best to just replace them. Not inexpensive but if you want it reliable you have to pay to play.