1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ Mount Xpress on F250

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by PM/FF, Nov 10, 2007.

1. PM/FF

PM/FF Junior Member

I'm having an EZ Mount Xpress installed in a few weeks on my 2001 F250 Diesel. I've read, in the past, there were a bunch of problems with this setup. Have they been solved?

Also, anyone have any pics of this setup on a F250?

2. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

i have it on my f250. DONOT buy the plow, i repeat DONOT buy the plow. read the thread in here i started for meyers phone number
  3. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Buy a western plow
  4. PM/FF

PM/FF Junior Member

Bump...need more opinions!!!!!!!!:waving:
  5. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

in the past

in the past they had a wireless system (E-88) that completely screwed up. they have since changed all of those under warranty to hardwired set-up (E-68). the plow structure is very strong, the pump works very similiar to everyone elses. the mount is pretty cool. If you like the brush guard look buy the headlamp option for the brush guard. I would have confidence in buying this plow. just make sure you are getting a good price.:alien:
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They sure did. But like nobletousha13 said, most of it was the wireless control setup...the rest of the plow is ok but I wouldn't recommend one either as their is better stuff out there for the same money or less ..

Would I take one for free?...yes
    Would I spend $5000 on one?...never.

What other dealers do you have local PM/FF?
  7. PM/FF

PM/FF Junior Member

First, price... ~$3500 installed. They're used, but mostly dealer demos, so they really didn't plow a whole lotta snow. Its hardwired for sure. I do want the brushguard option. I've always wanted a brush guard and a plow, but could never have both until I found this.

Dealers local...yeah, but seems like they were a little more expensive and they had no used inventory. This seems like the best bang for the buck.

Thanks for the info...still looking for more from anyone out there!!!
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Does it include a FULL warranty for the $3500?
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Being hard wired helps with many of the issues that they had with them in the past but the hand held controllers are still delicate and must be handled with care..or they will fail guaranteed, so if your intent on buying this plow make sure to buy an extra controller. Just be forewarned thou as they cost about $350 a pop.

I doubt your gonna find very many guys here that will tell you they love their Express plow...
  10. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

see if they will honor the extended warrenty that they gave the original owner, it was 2 years I think.
  11. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

see when they did the hard wire transfer. there is suppose to be a 2 year warranty extension from when the plow was swtiched over from the wireless to the hardwire. Is that 3500 installed? I would say if they give you the warranty that is a pretty good deal. not the best and not the worst. i would trust your gut. if you trust the dealer and like the plow go for it.
  12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The state of maryland bought a whole bunch of those for their F-550. Every one of them had problems. Something about the valve that activates the clamp, would open and the plow would fall off the truck. So most of them have a shop built safety chain on them.
  13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Must have been a while back igbg..the newer style one's have a tab to insert a locking pin into to prevent that...

Should have had them from day 1!:rolleyes:
  14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

my dealer is installing the ez plus on mine he said he doesnt install the express.
  15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't say that's the first time I've heard of a Meyer dealer saying that...:nod:
  16. PM/FF

PM/FF Junior Member

Thanks for all the responses. Any more are certainly welcome, but I've decided to just go for it...It comes down to this: I have a lot of friends who have Meyers...they also have a lot of spare parts. The Xpress has some bells and whistles, but the pumps, solenoids, and hydraulic hoses are still the same. Besides, I always wanted a brush guard, but could never have one with a plow...now I can have both.

So decision has been made, right, wrong or indifferent...Now I'll have to deal with whatever comes with that decision.

I'll post pictures when I get it on this thread. Thanks everyone.
  17. PM/FF

PM/FF Junior Member

Well, I had it done. Full 2 year warranty included. Nice setup, easy hookup, and overall a pleasant experience. Thanks Storks Auto!!!

Hey, you guys ere right about the Cantina...great cheeseburger sub. They also had a very comfortable couch in their waiting room. They couldn't figure out why there was a chain saw running in there though...:sleeping:

18. zappalawn

zappalawn Member
    from pgh

what u pay for your plow i just had mine put on in aug. works great except the broken connector truck side
  19. PM/FF

PM/FF Junior Member

$3500 Installed. I think the total bill, including the snow deflector and PA taxespayup was $3700 and change...