1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ Mount Classic

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by D.todd6, Mar 9, 2009.

1. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

Does anyone know if the mount for a 96 f350 will fit on a 93 f250?

2. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

im almost positive it will. i dont think there is any difference in the frame between the 2 trucks, so i think it is the same.

3. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

i checked out a site and it looks to be the same.

4. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

I looked at the ez transfer thing on meyers website and the support peices are the same but the clevis mount is supposedly different. Does anyone know what the difference in the two clevis mounts is?

5. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

i went to meyers ez transfer and it says you need the new mounting carton . i think i remember someone telling me that the f350 frame and truck is wider than a f250 frame and truck. i guess if meyer says you need it than you need it. or maybe they dont want people using a used truck mount for another plow. i will try to find more for you.

6. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

if you go to their manuals for the mounts it has the contents for the mounting carton with part numbers for each peice and the only one that is different is the clevis mount. If the one for the f350 is wider then that's what I needed to know.

7. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

when you say clevis mount, are you talking about the part under the truck, bolted to the trucks frame. if so then yes i think it is different.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The difference in the clevis between the F250 and 350 is in their height. The 350's set higher so the clevis is a little longer for that application..

9. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

is a f350 that much taller than my .94 f250 4x4.or is it just because 1 is a 93 and 1 a 96. or are all f350 that much taller than a f250. they dont look that much taller. my 94 f250 4x4 has a extra leaf spring all the way around , i put the extra leafs on so it would carry more weight with no problem. when i measure for the height for the a frame it is 10 1/2 at the top hole. so wouldnt he be able to use it because of the adjustment of the 3 holes. or he could use a smaller 245 75r 16 tire lol.

10. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the 350 has a straight axle, so sits a little higher than the ifs 250. this makes the 350 clevis frame side mounts about 2 inches longer. you can use the 96 f-350 mount on the 93 F-250 if the F-250 has had a sas conversion. if the 93 F250 is still ifs, it will not work because the plow mount will be too close to the road.

11. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

what if you put a extra leaf to raise it. my f250 sagged like hell till i got the extra leafs. it probally raised it 2 inches easy.i bet it wood work.

12. RickInTennessee

RickInTennessee Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have a F-450 Ford Meyer ez mount if anyone is interested

13. RickInTennessee

RickInTennessee Junior Member
    from Indiana

Is the F-250 F-350 & F-450 all the same mount?