1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez mount classic to 2008 Silverado 1500 ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by karl halozan, Jan 2, 2009.

1. karl halozan

karl halozan Junior Member

I've called meyers and they tell me they don't make an ez mount classic for the new 2008 Chevy 1500. Can the '06/07' mounting carton be adapted to the 08' frame with modification? I was wondering if anybody has done it, and what all it entails, or if somebody could steer me in the right direction. I don't want to buy a whole new plow! Thanks!!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pre-'07 1500 classic mounts aren't even close for an '07-up due the the chassis differences between the IFS suspension on the pre-'07 and the coil over suspension on the '07-up. You'd pretty much have to scrap the complete bumper cover for clearance anyway..

Not what you want to hear but you need to update to an EZ-plus setup.
  3. karl halozan

karl halozan Junior Member

When using the new Ez plus, can I use the old E60 pump I have or is the E58 required?

Is the Boss or Western Plow a better set up for this truck?

Thanks for the information, much appreciated!
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

What it would cost you to use parts from your old ez mount system and build a EZ plus would be cost prohibitited, you can use the mold board , pump and if you have saber lights, but you would have to convert your pump to an "H" model, get a new a-frame, MD lift frame, center clevis and bracket kit. In the long run you'd be far better off seling your EZ mount system and getting a MDII or MD plus system.

The MD ,especially down the road when you want a 2012 model anything would just be a $386 bracket kit and a set of $64 headlamp adapter plugs, lot cheaper than most other makes and models for future upfitting.