1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ez-dumper w/ v-box?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by iski3d, Dec 9, 2001.

1. iski3d

iski3d Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone has put a v-box spreaderr on the inside of a ez-dumper pickup truck dump insert? Thanks.
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

it will fit just fine.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

It will fit but I wonder why? By doing this you are lowering the total amount of material you can put in the spreader legally. Is there a reason you cannot remove the dumper?

Only real advantage I can see is that you would be able to clean the spillage out easier. Just dump the body like we do with the dumptrucks.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have pondered this but i think it would take A LOT of the capicity away but in a pinch it would work
  5. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

It will also raise center of gravity. All that weigt up high could get scary.
  6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

And I thought an EZ Dumper rusted fast just carrying dirt, twigs leaves & mulch...
  7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Rusted??? Guy around me has one that is 6 years old I think. No major rust. He actually just finished blasting it and repainted but only because the paint on the outside of the box was starting to peel. He had repainted the inner part everyfall before storing it. Unit works like it was new.

I have been looking at buying one. Right now I am steering towards the Pathfinder model.

from ohio

i use mine year round, which includes salt and it rusts no more or less than any other dump bed on any pick up or dump truck...has been very useful for me
  9. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Hey guys,

Isn't there a tailgate attachment for the ez-dumper for spreading salt, works kind of like a under the gate spreader only electric. I thought I read something like that somewhere. Might be a good alternitive to the Vbox.
  10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

There is one but it costs almost as much as a V-box if remember. Not sure how well it would work.

from ohio

that is the unit that i have ....have not been exceptionally happy with it although i have had nothing to compare it to this year i have a v-box as well and will relay my opinions whenever they get used......insert dump salter is cheaper than a v-box by about a grand but you need an insert to use it