1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ dumper & Truck Craft tailgate spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mike9497, Dec 13, 2002.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

anyone using them out there.wanted to know if there any good.haven`t seen any around here but they look like a good thing for me cause i don`t have much room for another V box at my shop
  2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have never seen one but I almost fainted when I found out how much the tailgate spreader was $4,000 .I thought that it was a little steep for such a unit.If you buy the whole set up from truck craft it will run you $8K .

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

run a search... a long thread on this

I have a truck craft insert(steel) and an easy dumper spreader modified to fit the truck craft insert

the truck craft spreader is alumnium and yes it is expensive plus it spreads at one side much like an under tailgate

the "easy sand" as it is called is steel and half the price, we use it a lot and it works well, the spread pattern is best when bed is lifted a bit

I already had an insert and wanted to go to bulk salt at the time so it worked good for me. If you do not already have an insert than a v box alone is cheaper for a single purpose unit and i think a v-box spreads wider...we have both now this will be the third season with it and replaced the spinner motor and some bearings ... basically minor repairs
  4. RichterNo1

RichterNo1 Junior Member

any updates on how these truck craft tailgate spreaders are working or holding up?
  5. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

I answered this in the previous post titled "Spreader for my dump insert..."

Even though my spreader is to the driver's side of the vehicle, I have never had a problem with the pattern. It does predominantly spread to the left, but I get full coverage to the rear. I have even seen salt hitting the ground and things to the right. Are you sure your spinner is adjusted correctly?