1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ Dumper tailgate salt spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by hickslawns, Aug 18, 2010.

1. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Brand new EZ Dumper electric salt spreader to fit on your dump insert. This is brand new. We have never installed it. Purchased with intent of using bulk. Couldn't get bulk the last two years. Well, last year we could but darn near same price as bagged so opted out. This has been sitting on a pallet in our pole barn for a few years now. Time to move it. Ready to make someone a nice spreader. My loss is your gain on this one. $3750. Call Phil at 419 233 9339. Not sure about pictures on here, but will try to post them. If not I can email or text them to you. Thanks

IMG00113-20100817-1850 salt spreader.jpg

IMG00114-20100817-1851 spreader.jpg

IMG00115-20100817-1851 spreader.jpg

2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

$3250 get anyone's attention? This has never been used. We have had issues getting bulk and are going to stick with bagged products. Let me know or it heads off to ebay.

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

if you put it back in your barn and resell it two years from now ill take it! good luck with the sell!

4. performanceplus

performanceplus Senior Member

What is your rock bottom price? Where is it located?

5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

It can stay in my barn. I really don't care. If you want it in two years, let me know.

I am an hour north of Dayton, an hour east of Ft. Wayne, and 1.5 hrs nw of Columbus. As far as my rock bottom price, make me an offer. It doesn't take much room in the barn. Worst I can say is "no." If you lowball me too much, I will simply be less willing to entertain any second offers from you. However, I cannot be the buyer and the seller. If you think I am going to throw out my rock bottom price over the open public forum only to allow you to offer $500 less, then you are mistaken. I believe it is priced fairly. I will say i have a "little" bit of room, but I will not give it away. Every year is different, every contract is different. If our customer's needs change we can always use it down the road. It is sitting here bought and paid for. I am not trying to be a cocky jerk or anything, but I know what I paid and I know what they are worth new/used. My apologies if this reply comes across offensive. I get tired of guys going on fishing expeditions with no money or actual intent of purchasing. If you are serious and would like to talk about it, you can feel free to call my cell phone at 419 two three three 9339.

6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

It is on Ebay now. If you are serious, then get ahold of me and I can still pull it off there.

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I had one of these a couple years ago, they work well. One of the best things is they dont take up much room as you can see but work as well as a v box imo. Does it come with any controller's?

8. performanceplus

performanceplus Senior Member

thanks. im all set.

9. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

All controller and wiring to work this spreader are included. Ebay viewers watching the auction are growing. It will either sell or hang out in the barn in the event our needs change in the future. Thanks guys.

10. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Will this unit work on a dump body, not an insert?

11. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It would with some major fabbing, that would make it not ideal. I have seen it done and I think downeaster even sells them with the extra pieces, but like I said, isn't ideal but wouldn't be horrible.

12. padude2004

padude2004 Junior Member

dump body

i have the same spreader. we built a frame for it so it would fit on my ford 550. we used it one time. my unit is also for sale. same price.

13. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Correction: I cannot locate the controller. I am wondering if I ever got one with it? My apologies for any misleading information. It has never been used though. This part is accurate. I also have pictures of the spinner now.

IMG00163-20100917-1440 insert spreader spinner.jpg

IMG00164-20100917-1440 insert spreader spinner.jpg

IMG00167-20100917-1442 insert spreader sninner.jpg

IMG00168-20100917-1442 insert spreader  spinner.jpg

14. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

You can just use the upfitter switches on the fords. It works fine that way. Just a simple on / off. Some people add controllers afterwords to independently control the auger speed, spinner speed.

15. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

There is an on/off toggle switch, but I was not sure if this went with it or not. My apologies. Due to the lack of controller to operate spinner and auger separately I reduced the price to $3000 on the listing.

16. J.R. Services

J.R. Services Senior Member

is this still for sale?

17. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Still on ebay. Lots of interest. No cash. Everyone keeps asking me if I want to trade for junk. Let me know if you are interested.