1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ Dumper closes it's doors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by basher, Aug 25, 2008.

1. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

EZ-Dumper is no more they have filed Chapter 7 and closed the doors.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

when and where's the liquidation sale??

wow, theyve been around since before i was born.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't know, my truckcraft salesman:rolleyes: sent me a newspaper article. They said no one was answering the phones. I'm sure I'll see the auction ad when it comes out.

4. 06HD BOSS

i googled it and saw that they originally filed back in Dec 06. so i guess its been a while coming. thats too bad though.

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

wow, i guess between truck craft, and maxi-dump, theres not alot room , high cost of steel too

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes they closed but Bri Mar has bought them out. The guys who own Brimar use to work for easy dumper years ago and then quit and went out on their own.

Regards Mike

7. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

damn that sucks i just got an ez dumper this year, btw does anyone know what i can do for the bottom so it doesnt start to rust because some of the paint is starting to peel now.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You can actually put smooth Line-X on the bottom. The guy told me he could spray it smooth when I got my truck done. It would be kind of expensive though.

9. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

I just called them and they did answer the phone. I asked if they were still open and the guy wanted to know why I wanted to know. I told him that I had heard they had shut their doors. He then wanted to know if we were a dealer or if I was looking for a dealer.

10. 06HD BOSS

hey welcome back fly. its been a while since i seen your name pop up. i was actually just thinking of you the other week while looking at new trucks. i remembered those coupons you talked about a couple times. :D

11. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

Did they really file chapter 7 BK? I have an account with them and they keep calling me for payment EVEN though it is not due for 20 more days?

12. elite1msmith

from chicago

thats really bad , calling before the payment is due -

13. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

Well, what should I do? Send it out? Im sure anything after you file for Bankruptcy would be illegal if you would collect payment on correct? Should I consult my attorney on this one?

The guy told me that if I was not sending payment by the end of next week, then he would contact there company lawyer, well I said how can you do that when the payment is not even due yet?

14. elite1msmith

from chicago

im not sure, you really need to talk to a an attorny

ill tell you what, if they are hurting for money that bad, i would tell them to just take it to there lawyer, then offer to settle the entire account for 50% , great way to save your self money, i mean if they are going to act like that -

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If that's how you like to do buisness. I would just wait untill the bill is due and pay it, no sense kicking someone when they are down. They shouldn't have called you but desperate times call for desperate measures. JMO

16. elite1msmith

from chicago

heres the difference, my payment is due on a certain day, it will be paid by that day , just because your in a tight spot is no reason to bug me. now heres the simpathetic part... like you say , desperate times... if they call and say , we are tring to collect early for ______ blank , reason... i would probably just pay , assuming i have no other problems with them. i have no problem making an early payment to help out a company if they ask for it. but you do this month , and i would bet 20 days from now , you will be making another payment, soo 3 moths will have passed and you will have paid 5 months payments. snow plowers might have had a good yr last year, but just like the rest of the economy , we too can hurt for business, fuel is up, hows that effect your buttom line? salt is up? u get the point.

threaten me with an attorney, and the payment isnt even due..... WAY OUT OF LINE, asking nicly is one thing... go ahead and threaten me.... and ill just hold out... i would with hold payment 3 months, then make them settle... clearly if they are going to threaten me , this is not a company i would plan on doing business with again .

now , if you really want to help them out. call them , explain you really think they are out of line, and make the payment. if they do it again.... then at least you gave them a second chance.... i really dont see it as wrong , if they are going to act like that,im not hear to play games

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I doubt they will negotiate your debt. They are no longer scrambling to save the ship, it's sunk. They are just putting everything they can in the lifeboats.

Here's a little about the basics

http://www.uscourts.gov/bankruptcycourts/bankruptcybasics/chapter7.html#work

18. elite1msmith

from chicago

If they are calling you before the payment is due..... and if they are being threatening and harassing... the life boats must be sinking too, and i would be willing to bet they would. depending on how long ur loan is with them. as JD said, i would try not to kick someone when they are down, but i have no problem, if thats how they do business.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I do agree with you Elite, they shouldn't have even called. The bottom line is you owe them the money.

20. elite1msmith

from chicago

my point being , im fine with the call (it is out of line) providing its of a friendly nature..... not when it starts involving the words lawyer.... normally at that point i just say " well Sir, as a protection to myself, i will no longer be handleing this account, i will refure your selfs dirrectly to my laywer, and maybe you to can figure this out together. as of this moment im placing your account on hold until i hear other wise from my attorney , as i do not like being threatened