1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EZ-Classic

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by fernesto, Feb 19, 2011.

1. fernesto

fernesto Junior Member

I just got the Meyers EZ-Classic ST-90 plow from my grandpap. He had it on a 1988 Ford Bronco. I have a 1995 Ford F250 4x4 and want to attach it. My truck has a Fisher mount on it and I would like to adapt the frame to fit it. I just have 1 question. How is the a-frame supposed to hook onto the lift frame? (I have temporary bolts in it right now.) If you dont understand just ask me.

P2190001.jpg

P2190006.jpg

P2190003.jpg

2. fernesto

fernesto Junior Member

I was asking if I have it in the right place or not?

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

where you have the bolts is the proper place, but i think you are missing a couple of brackets to hold the lower frame in place.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK that is not a EZ classic. That is a conventional mount. it will not fit on your 95 ford with out a bunch of modifications to make it fit.

But you do have the A-frame correctly attached.

5. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Yes and the A-frame will attach with removable pins, which you probably know.

6. fernesto

fernesto Junior Member

Thanks. Does anyone know where I could find the lift frame to fit my truck? I live In Pennsylvania, near pittsburgh so somewhere near me for a reasonable price would be nice. Also I didnt know the a frame chain was supposed to stick out that far past the lift piston. This must be an older setup?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm afraid you don't really have anything useable for your truck without spending a lot of money, time and money.

8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that chain does not "stick out that far past the lift piston." the lift chain on that "A" frame is not for that truck side mount. the proper chain attachment point for that mount is about 6 inches forward at the center bolt, because the plow mounts under the truck, not even with the bumper.
    that "A" frame's chain attachment point is for the tube style truck mounts. the tube style hooks up closer to the bumper than the old ones do, and use the chain mounted like that on a shorter "A" frame.

and looking at that picture, it also looks like the lower plate is missing at the center bolt

9. fernesto

fernesto Junior Member

I fount out the lift frame was a EZ custom classic. How would you guys suggest I modify the frame to fit my 95' f250. It has a Fisher plow mount on it already and I want to attach the lift frame to the mount on the truck. I have all tools necessary to cut and weld metal. I am just looking for suggestions before it ctart chopping stuff up.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No it is not it is an conventional mount.