1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ez classic mounting question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nbuzz, Nov 5, 2008.

1. nbuzz

nbuzz Junior Member

I am getting ready to put the frame mount on my truck. 97 Dodge 2500. I have all the hardware needed except:

1. special washer 5/8 (part no. 22134)
    2. handle nut (part # 22135)
    3. washer plate 7/16 (part # 11139)

Do I really need these specific items? I have everything else I need, I want to know if I can just retro-fit with some regular grade 5 hdwe. Or do I need these goofy items?

Thanks in advance, Buzz

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The "special" 5/8" washer isn't anything special. It's just a normal washer with one side lopped off. Can easily be duplicated.

The "handle nut" is just a normal nut with a short strap welded to it to help with placing the nut inside the frame. Which also can be duplicated.

The "washer plate" is just a 7/16" square washer. They can be purchased at most hardware stores. Although Meyer's version is usually thicker, they work just fine.

3. nbuzz

nbuzz Junior Member

thanks man! thats what I wanted to hear! I was planning on doing that. I just wanted to make sure, so I wouldn't be breaking anything down the road. that'll keep the wallet a little fatter! for awhile...