1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ExV setup

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Feb 8, 2013.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

So I set my plow up so in scoop mode it is nice and level on the ground. When I swing it to V mode the center of the plow is the only part with the cutting edge bearing. Is that right? Doesn't seem right to me. Also, I got my V used. The rear bolts weren't tight so the plow could actually contour to the ground it is on. Obviously, that isn't good for the plow, but has anyone thought about running their plow like that? Thanks, Nick

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

the cutting edge is suppose to touch the ground in all pisitions u can adjust it with the bolt on the aframe u drill a hole to move them up or down so it sits level then bolt it or weld it like i do

3. oldmankent

I've got the three bolt positions on mine, except they are worn out from previous owner not keeping bolts tight. I'll readjust after this storm or when the wind quiets down.

4. Morrissey snow removal

u should not have 3 bolt positions on the older v plows

5. Morrissey snow removal

6. oldmankent

I've got an extreme V not and ezv. It's got the three hole position plates. AmazIngly I was able to track down my paper work. I'm talking about the Tframe locking kit.

7. Morrissey snow removal

o big difference i dont know much about them

8. oldmankent

Ok, I checked out the t-frame adjustment. I had the plow on the lower setting. I moved it to the middle setting and the t frame wasn't level but the cutting edges seemed to bear fairly well both in V and scoop. I then moved it to the highest setting and the t-frame was nice and level but the center beared slightly in scoop and the edges geared in v. Guess ill go back to the middle holes and see what happens. The damn wings are so loose anyway it is kind of hard to tell what adjustment in best. Me should check my center pin and see it is bent yet. Only plowing I've done is this at blizzard really. Really liked having a V for a big snow storm, but there seems to be a few weak links with this V design. Anyone else having issues with their adjustment, or do you just let the edges wear in?

9. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Mine is new, so it's not apples to apples, but it sounds like you have some issue not yet identified.
    I think I'd take her in to see the man, see what they say...

10. oldmankent

What? Loose wings? That's normal. You'll see real soon. I may need to change the mount height, but the edges are already close to the ground when in V

11. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

12. oldmankent

That's how I originally set the pl

13. oldmankent

The plow up. Either I screwed up or there is a problem with my plow. Brand new cutting edges. I have the plow set at the middle right now. While the t frame is still not quite level, the blades bear pretty well in scoop and V now.